diagnostics help

appn88

i need someone that has a diagnostics computer, portable preferably its for an 01 cadilac sts i need it run i just have one of the crappy hand held ones, it just tells me random missfires i need to know why its saying that Edited by appn88

p0300? A fancy scan tool isn't going to tell you much more. It's time to be checking out those ignition components, and spark plugs. Most common problem is that it needs a tune-up, but that doesn't mean if for sure a tune-up. Just the first thing to look at.

Guest Removed

well any other scanner isnt going to tell you much different. theres a reason its throwing a p0300.

If you would like you could swing it by...my modis dont leave where it at.

Guest Removed
p0300? A fancy scan tool isn't going to tell you much more. It's time to be checking out those ignition components, and spark plugs. Most common problem is that it needs a tune-up, but that doesn't mean if for sure a tune-up. Just the first thing to look at.

could be low fuel pressure, big vacuum leak and so on

could be low fuel pressure, big vacuum leak and so on

Allow me to highlight.

If you just did them, I would double check your work, wire not plugged all the way in, cracked plug, and so on.

acting exactly the same as before i put them in

Then move on to fuel pressure, vacuum leak. If nothing is detected there I guess it would be nice to see a missfire count per cylinder, but you can find it without the fancy shit.

Guest Removed
Allow me to highlight.

If you just did them, I would double check your work, wire not plugged all the way in, cracked plug, and so on.

if it was a cracked plug, it would kick that cylinder...not the random one.:p

and just how are you looking for a vacuum leak? carb clean spray untill you hear the negine change.

its knocking now at an idle it sounds like detonation i think (sounds like someone is smacking the side of the block with a hammer) and what do you mean by the carb clean spray?!?!

EDIT: i forgot its only missing at an idle

if it was a cracked plug, it would kick that cylinder...not the random one.:p

and just how are you looking for a vacuum leak? carb clean spray untill you hear the negine change.

WTF is a Negine?

its knocking now at an idle it sounds like detonation i think (sounds like someone is smacking the side of the block with a hammer) and what do you mean by the carb clean spray?!?!

EDIT: i forgot its only missing at an idle

That doesn't sound good. Maybe someone should look at this for you, you could potentially have a big problem there.

Guest Removed

its a northstar...get rid of it...IMO

otherwise open youre wallet and dump it out...

and typing to fast on the laptop owns me

what i meant was, get some carb cleaner in a spray can, let the engine idle. spray everywhere untill the engine changes speed. it will either pick up, or start to die out. if it dont, then may not have a vacuum leak... does it knock when you rev it?

Guest Removed
im trying to get it running to sell it....

not to be rascit...but some homies will buy it the way it is.:o

they dont care..they would be pimpin a caddy.

edit..poor white people should not own northstars!