Summer Time!

Main3s

Okay, so it's not quite summer yet, but yesterday after taking care of the yard and washing off the car it sure felt like it. I also cleaned off the grill which leads to my question...

What's your favorite recipe or food to cook on the grill?

Okay, so it's not quite summer yet, but yesterday after taking care of the yard and washing off the car it sure felt like it. I also cleaned off the grill which leads to my question...

Steak...Period. Could eat it every day. Marinading one right now for tonight rain or no rain.

Tonight's a nice Ribeye marinaded in red wine, little matching vinegar, mixture of grilling spices, pepper, etc...and when done right it will melt in your mouth. I usually add in a kabob of onions, peppers and tomatos.

Now I'm getting hungry and I just had a salad. :o

Wife also makes a mean hamburger. Onion soup mix...I like about 1/2 packet per pound of ground chuck, diced cooked bacon, some cheddar cheeze and thawed frozen spinach. Best way to eat your veggies :) Cheese and bacon make anything taste 10x better too.

Slow smoked (at home) 1.5 inch thick prime NY Strip, tossed on a 500 degree grill for 90 seconds on each side to a perfect medium rare. Accompanied by oiled, seasoned, and grilled Portobello mushroom caps, water soaked sweet corn in husk, grilled and shucked, slathered in butter, and seasoned with sea salt!

Wine: 2007 Orin Swift "Saldo" Zinfandel

I think I just came.........

When I lived in MA, my friends and I had a cookout competition we started. :) Everyone is allowed up to 3lbs of steak tips. They could be prepared in any way, including cooking method. But once they were cooked, they could only be presented as steak on plate. Everyone sampled the tips and a winner for the night was declared.

The winner got to take the "Golden Porkchop" until the next Tip-Night. It was a porkchop chew-toy on a chain that was spraypainted gold and defaced with a BeDazzler. hehe.

My best entry was Wasabiyaki tips. Mix 1 bottle of Soy-Vey Wasabiyaki with 2/3 a small jar of wasabi powder per 1.5lbs of tips. Marinade for 24 hours, then grill slightly too-hot to ensure a good carmelized coating. Finally, hit with ground wasabi and serve.

The "cheater" sauce was the red chinese spare rib sauce. The worst was a caesar salad dressing marinade. :p But some notable ones were Pizza-Tips, Chipotle, and other great marinades. The competition really brought out some good, though guarded, recipes. One recipe that was more of an Urban Legend since noone seemed to get the mix right, was a Coke and Orange Juice marinade.

Now I'm hungry... And I don't have a grill. :(

Slow smoked (at home) 1.5 inch thick prime NY Strip, tossed on a 500 degree grill for 90 seconds on each side to a perfect medium rare. Accompanied by oiled, seasoned, and grilled Portobello mushroom caps, water soaked sweet corn in husk, grilled and shucked, slathered in butter, and seasoned with sea salt!

Wine: 2007 Orin Swift "Saldo" Zinfandel

I think I just came.........

When I lived in MA, my friends and I had a cookout competition we started. :) Everyone is allowed up to 3lbs of steak tips. They could be prepared in any way, including cooking method. But once they were cooked, they could only be presented as steak on plate. Everyone sampled the tips and a winner for the night was declared.

The winner got to take the "Golden Porkchop" until the next Tip-Night. It was a porkchop chew-toy on a chain that was spraypainted gold and defaced with a BeDazzler. hehe.

My best entry was Wasabiyaki tips. Mix 1 bottle of Soy-Vey Wasabiyaki with 2/3 a small jar of wasabi powder per 1.5lbs of tips. Marinade for 24 hours, then grill slightly too-hot to ensure a good carmelized coating. Finally, hit with ground wasabi and serve.

The "cheater" sauce was the red chinese spare rib sauce. The worst was a caesar salad dressing marinade. :p But some notable ones were Pizza-Tips, Chipotle, and other great marinades. The competition really brought out some good, though guarded, recipes. One recipe that was more of an Urban Legend since noone seemed to get the mix right, was a Coke and Orange Juice marinade.

Now I'm hungry... And I don't have a grill. :(

These 2 sound good! The second a little spicy, but still! (licking my lips)

I'll grill anything. I like trying new things on burgers for when I have cookouts. The most popular so far are the “everything burgers”. I'll take all the normal toppings mushrooms, onions, tomato, cheese and whatever else you’re in the mood for and throw them in the food processer until they’re in real fine pieces then just mix it in with the meat and grill! Nothing too crazy, but super good! When it’s just me and the G/F it’s steak or fish.

grilled anything is the shiznit...

Gas or charcoal?

I have both just in case. :D

I have a pretty nice gas grill givin to us for house warming gift.

I do have a small weber that I take with me on the road and it gets used 3-5 times a week.

My favorite meal on a grille out of a motel room is...

- chicken seasoned with garlic, pepper, and salt only and grilled hard

- asparagus

- red potatoes wrapped in tin foil w/ butter and onion

this is the perfect everyday meal for me...

Let me know if I need to come over and test your grill skillz !!!

CR needs a Summer Show N' Grill meet. Maybe at a park spot where they have the charcoal grills and some cover. Everyone shines up their car and parks while bringing their best grill foods. Sounds like a good time.

You should be given an award for this idea.

steak, bbq-ribs, and hobos, and for those who dont know what a hobo is, you take a hamberger patty (or you can use chunk steak/chicken, pork) and place it in a 12"x12" piece of aluminum foil, then place a thick slice of onion on top along with potatoes, carrots, sqash, pepers, or what ever veggies you like. sprinkle with some steak seasoning or just salt and pepper, and wrap it up in the foil like a little steam bag and let it cook. usually takes about 20-30 min depending on how hot your grill is and what rack you put it on (if you have a top rack). this is great on the camp fire too.

steak, bbq-ribs, and hobos, and for those who dont know what a hobo is, you take a hamberger patty (or you can use chunk steak/chicken, pork) and place it in a 12"x12" piece of aluminum foil, then place a thick slice of onion on top along with potatoes, carrots, sqash, pepers, or what ever veggies you like. sprinkle with some steak seasoning or just salt and pepper, and wrap it up in the foil like a little steam bag and let it cook. usually takes about 20-30 min depending on how hot your grill is and what rack you put it on (if you have a top rack). this is great on the camp fire too.

You can do that with Exhaust manifolds too. There's a whole cookbook based on that called "Manifold Destiny."