Where can i get my t5 rebuilt?

Guest fist302

Guest fist302

After i finish up some maintenance on the Mustang i want to get the t5 rebuilt. Anybody know a place or person that can do the t5 tranny for a good price? Needs to be somewhat close by.

Lemme know, thanks.

there is a dude on buckeyestangs who does them dirt cheap and has a good reputation over there alot of people have them do their trannys, im gonna have him do mine is user name over there is lx2nv or somehting if your not on there i can get a quote from him for you

what he said

Guest fist302
there is a dude on buckeyestangs who does them dirt cheap and has a good reputation over there alot of people have them do their trannys, im gonna have him do mine is user name over there is lx2nv or somehting if your not on there i can get a quote from him for you

I have already contacted him and got his prices, but he is pretty far away so i wanted to see if there was anyone local.

I have already contacted him and got his prices, but he is pretty far away so i wanted to see if there was anyone local.

I think im gonna have him do mine sometime this summer if i dont just buy a diff tranny maybe we could get them both done at once and save one gas go together ha

LMK if you still want that intake im just sitting here at home all day

Guest fist302
I think im gonna have him do mine sometime this summer if i dont just buy a diff tranny maybe we could get them both done at once and save one gas go together ha

LMK if you still want that intake im just sitting here at home all day

ring ring...

After i finish up some maintenance on the Mustang i want to get the t5 rebuilt. Anybody know a place or person that can do the t5 tranny for a good price? Needs to be somewhat close by.

Lemme know, thanks.

Personal experience would be to save your $ and buy something better, I.E. Tremec TKO...I got sick of murdering T5's. Just a thought.

Guest fist302
Personal experience would be to save your $ and buy something better, I.E. Tremec TKO...I got sick of murdering T5's. Just a thought.

A tko would be nice someday but its not in the cards right now.

Ok well i guess il stick with lx2nv.

Guest Removed
and i have seen guys with piles of broken t-5 piecing them back together. its not that hard. chris has done it like 30 times, will bring me the trans, im sure i can get it taking care of. and more then likely even if you find a used on, it will be fucked too.

Guest fist302

t5 durability seems to be dependent on the driver and car. Some poeple blow em up with a bolt on 5.0 and some people can run 10's on them.

Eitherway im broke and my sho is fucked so i cant afford to build the drivetrain up just yet, i will either get this t5 rebuilt or try and make it work as it is now.

Guest Removed
look they do work great, but they break..and easy. ask the guys running 10's with them, if its stock or not. lots of them are not! and if it is stock, ask them how many they have broke!. it dont matter. you know i can drive and shift. They break with stock 5.0's.

Guest fist302
look they do work great, but they break..and easy. ask the guys running 10's with them, if its stock or not. lots of them are not! and if it is stock, ask them how many they have broke!. it dont matter. you know i can drive and shift. They break with stock 5.0's.

Well you can tell me how broke mine is / everything else on the car when you check it out :)

Guest fist302
I talked to a guy running a t5 that was running 10.90 with a shot off the line. He said it needs a adjustable cable and a good short throw with adjustable stops to keep them together, im not sure how many times he has rebuilt his t5 but he made it work.

true true...my car was stock, and had synchro probs within a year. it just went downhill from there. And anyone that knows me, knows I granny shift like crazy... I had plenty of friends that blew there's up too and its just something that happens. T5's suck.