Thinking about buying a new Corvette.

Rob1647545496

corvette for a daily?? I dunno you already have one for "fun" and you're looking at spending 10k on it have you looked at you other options something stick, better mpg, still sexy, and decent power that will actually go somewhere in snow?

i vote reban for saying something that stupid.

Aj whats stupid about buying a reliable daily driver and making some reliable go fast mods on a nice c6? well on a side note if he decides to do a cam and rebuild his motor like you i would vote no on modding his c6 if his dyno graphs were anytihng like yours :o

you couldn't pay me to pick a civic over a vette especially when you factor in the FUN factor.

Does not need to be a civic can be any thing in the 4,000 dollar range. Remember you have your fun factor already, make it more fun ;)

I'm not really thinkin about getting it. my cavy burns alot of oil and i was looking for a motor then a whole new car and i couldn't help myself but to look up corvettes and 8,400 is pretty cheap but i need a winter beater.

Your Cavalier is burning oil already? How many miles are on it?

rob. Buy a civic, and do a heads cam package or (stock motor with a nice blower setup) + tires, and some spray.= More Fun then the c5.

when i first read that i thought you ment do heads cam or blower on the daily civic, i was like this kids a moron. you couldn't pay me enough to choose a civic over a C5 especially when you factor in the FUN factor.

Aj whats stupid about buying a reliable daily driver and making some reliable go fast mods on a nice c6? well on a side note if he decides to do a cam and rebuild his motor like you i would vote no if his dyno graphs were anytihng like yours :o

you ment the cam/heads on the vette? they way you typed it it looked like you said do that to a civic. thats what i think is stupid.

now if you knew what i built my engine for then you would understand why i did what i did. if you knew anything about my car you would know i went with a smaller cam than 02-04 LS6 engines so i could stay with a stock valve spring since i replace them 1-2 times a year. and i have something that is easy on my valve train for a longer life at high RPM.

now if you would like to criticize my car or me anymore maybe you should have a clue about what your trying to criticize about.

Aj whats stupid about buying a reliable daily driver and making some reliable go fast mods on a nice c6? well on a side note if he decides to do a cam and rebuild his motor like you i would vote no on modding his c6 if his dyno graphs were anytihng like yours :o

my car 390 RWHP 365 Torque

his car 390 RWHP 390 Torque

he wanted usable torque not dyno queen horsepower.

and i'm sure he got alot bigger gain under the curve with less peak. at least i hope so

i'm not saying i would do the same thing but thats what he wanted. but my cam would be closer to his then it would be so anthony's cam.

AJ - i would love to see a graph of your dyno to compare.

now this was a fresh engine with only 25 miles of brake in. i am hopeing to put it back on the dyno here in the next week or two to see if it broke 400 since its broken in now and has amsoil in it insted of some dino oil.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/AJMeade02Z06.jpg

aj, first off a civic had one head and 2 cams (b16) so that ruled out my plural speaking (when i said Heads, cam) and i understand you were not going for numbers, but for what you got i would have left the stock cam in there and went with a fast and a tb instead. Im not a huge vette mod expert by any means but i think it would have made just as much power with more responce... i dunno for sure though.

To each their own though

stage 2 livernois, they have been in my garage over a year (i had them before i even had the vette). but why buy a fast and TB when i have less in the heads than the intake? no matter what the engine had to be rebuilt because of the oil buring issue from the 01' LS6 rings that GM had a problem with.

so lets do math

FAST intake $850?

TB $200?

heads $600

cam $300

i still make more horse and more importantly more torque than a stock engine could ever do with just the intake and throttle body. the most i could get with the intake and throttle body is 385rwhp. i know this for a fact. and someday i could add the intake and throttle body if i wanted to. you have to understand what i built the car for, untill you do this is all for nothing.

EDIT: Edit due to pm's.............

Edited by Jones

I would say smaller than a 10mm socket this time for a jet:p.

Take it out to the races kill some hondas first.

But the 10mm socket worked so well.

If Nitrous Cavy v.2.0 did see fruition, I'd say we opt to actually add some additional fuel this time around, so we could atleast play with it for awhile. :D

But the 10mm socket worked so well.

If Nitrous Cavy v.2.0 did see fruition, I'd say we opt to actually add some additional fuel this time around, so we could atleast play with it for awhile. :D

agreed. and i've already thought about it :) ironically i just so happen to have a full bottle in my garage :)