internet options

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

i really dont want to run cable in the new shop unless i have to.

and business class shit is just way to much to start out with

are those wireless cards that much?

give me some options to this.

Guest Removed
Check if DSL or Fiber options are available. If your shop has a phone, than you're already wired and its cheaper,and faster than a wireless option.

well i know the phone lines are there, but all my stuff is net based. alldata, marketing and so on. rather important in my eyes. i was just thinking of having wow come get me phone, cable and net there like i have at the house.

but i dont want business class prices...:rolleyes:

one month the bill is 200 the next its 400 and so on. fuck that.

i need fast internetz

i dont want dial up crap

DSL or Fiber are not dial up, they are broadband services, just like cable, just run over a twisted copper pair.

Im on fiber, 18mbps. Believe me its plenty fast.

not sure just yet. i will be calling on it tomorrow!

Your phone company should be able to do a loop test and check your distance to the C/O or nearest remote terminal, and verify if you can get either service. If it is available, check what speed packages are being offered, if only the lowest tier is available it will be because you are relatively far from either source, and I would not recommend you buy it. If you have a couple options on your speed tiers you are likely within an acceptable distance, and should be able to get anywhere from 1.5Mbps to 6mbps, or 6mbps to 18mbps depending on what service is being offered, standard DSL, or Fiber respectively.

Guest Removed
you would think they would already know. im taking the laptop to see if there is a signal to grab out there for now, if not i'll just zip tie cat5 to the phone polls and wire my shit into tyler or ants house

Magic Jack Phone?....I don't know of all the pros and cons, except i heard it is not a secure phone line....but for an initial $39 and $19 a year for a phone it works for what i use it for. Maybe a good second line..I am sure someone on here knows more about them..

Guest Removed
What are you willing to pay per month? That might help us help you. Also, if you depend on internet, what is the value of not having it? I got DSL for my church for $14.95/month.

the cheaper the better