"Stock" GT500 Super-Snake Dyno #s

Turbotrio

Finally got around to dynoing the Super-Snake last night. "Stock" she put down:

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/Chris%20GT500%20SS.jpg

Here are few pics of it on the dyno:

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisGT500SSdyno.JPG

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisGT500SSdyno%20(2).JPG

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/ChrisGT500SSdyno%20(8).JPG

We will be doing a tune on the car just as it sits to see how much more we can get out of it and then will start adding parts and boost :)

Jeff

15 psi is stock on the kenne bell. I will be out at the track day tomorrow with the car, and show everyone our ford capabilities, which many of you may not be familiar with.

Brandon

So what Ford capabilities are you showing with a near stock car? That just perplexes me a little bit. I hope this things goes 10.50s.

I'm considering bringing my stock Envoy to show my Envoy capabilities which many of you may not be familiar with.

So what Ford capabilities are you showing with a near stock car? That just perplexes me a little bit. I hope this things goes 10.50s.

I'm considering bringing my stock Envoy to show my Envoy capabilities which many of you may not be familiar with.

Cummins vs. Envoy. Be there.

We were hoping to have the predator here in time so we could tune it and then add the parts to it that have been sitting here. Unfortunately we have been much too busy with other cars/projects to even dyno it stock until last night. We will get to it eventually...

BTW -- it's not "Near" stock, it is 100% bone-stock at this point. The car goes 12.50's as it sits until she gets a MUCH stickier set of tires on it. The 20" Nitto's on it now don't help at all with traction.

Jeff

We were hoping to have the predator here in time so we could tune it and then add the parts to it that have been sitting here. Unfortunately we have been much too busy with other cars/projects to even dyno it stock until last night. We will get to it eventually...

BTW -- it's not "Near" stock, it is 100% bone-stock at this point. The car goes 12.50's as it sits until she gets a MUCH stickier set of tires on it. The 20" Nitto's on it now don't help at all with traction.

Jeff

The point remains though, why market this as what you can do with Fords? Isn't this more what Ford can do with Fords?

I guess without a tune it will be 100% stock, I was going off your original post.

The point remains though, why market this as what you can do with Fords? Isn't this more what Ford can do with Fords?

I guess without a tune it will be 100% stock, I was going off your original post.

Because aside from a Ford "GT", this is pretty much THE Mustang to modify/tune and show not just how much more power we can add, but how much quicker we can get the car to go.

Unfortunately, we just couldn't have that done by today because we are 10x too busy.

It is 100% stock. I just worded it as "Stock" because it is hard to call a car with a $30k performance package added on as truly stock lol.

Jeff

I wouldnt put a predator tuner on anything, I had one in my Lightning and it was chincy and worked half the time with NO help from Diablo.

That is why the customer buys the units from us. Any issues they might have get taken care of directly by me. No phone calls or stress -- just stop back down and we will have "Blanks" in stock to swap it out for.

Any electronic devices can be "Buggy" which has been the case with every piggy-back or stand-alone system we sell. Over the past year we have yet to have an issue with a single Predator or Trinity unit so apparently DiabloSport has bumped up the Q/C department.

Jeff

Edited by Turbotrio

Because aside from a Ford "GT", this is pretty much THE Mustang to modify/tune and show not just how much more power we can add, but how much quicker we can get the car to go.

Unfortunately, we just couldn't have that done by today because we are 10x too busy.

It is 100% stock. I just worded it as "Stock" because it is hard to call a car with a $30k performance package added on as truly stock lol.

Jeff

Well, that idea should probably be conveyed a little more clearly.

How about-

"We'll be bringing this stock Super Snake out for some baseline runs before we rip into it. Be sure to stop by and check it out! Ford really did this one right but, I think we can take it a few steps further."

Or-

"It will be at the track day tomorrow."

Or-

Don't post anything other than your original graph

Don't post-

"We is Ford, we can has built this car."

I know what you meant with "stock", I assumed you were going to bring it tuned which a lot of people still call stock.

This has been constructive, I really think we made some progress today.

Is anyone else excited to see these kinds of numbers from stock production cars?

In all honesty, I'm not. Look at the price tag they throw on these things.

The WS6, SS, and Cobra were all reasonably priced when they came out. Sure they don't have quite the same power but, for the $30k difference in initial investment, even a retard can make them better than the new stuff.

In all honesty, I'm not. Look at the price tag they throw on these things.

The WS6, SS, and Cobra were all reasonably priced when they came out. Sure they don't have quite the same power but, for the $30k difference in initial investment, even a retard can make them better than the new stuff.

Did someone call me?

Edited by V8 Beast