Make shift front stand

Casper

So I hit a pothole the other day. It fucked up my tire and wheel bearings. I didn't want to pay $150 for a front fork paddock lift, so I made a make shift stand. I went to Rousch Hardware and bought a 1/2" diameter, 36" length piece of metal dowel rod. I put the bike on the center stand, and had Jesse push down on the back of the bike to life the front. I removed the front axel and wheel, slid the metal dowel rod through, and sat the rod down on jack stands. Worked like a charm. Just an FYI.

Or tie downs off the upper tripple to the ceiling....

I thought about that. But I live in an apartment complex. I'm not sure how strong those trusses are. I figured I'd play it safe and not do that. I'd hate to come home and have my garage roof sitting on my bike.

Exactly. This way its no different then it putting all the weight on the front axle. Except there's no wheel. It worked really well actually. I'll post pics of it and by blown to fuck wheel bearing.

• 1 month later...