SAAB 900SE Turbo

thorne

Does anyone have anything bad to say ? I'm looking at getting my wife a convertible 900SE. She likes the looks atleast on pictures.

I'm reading about them to make sure there atleast semi moddable for her.

Has anyone here had much experiance with saab turbos? SHOPS?

i had a buddy with a 9-3 Turbo and he did some decent work on it. ended up upgrading the turbo and rebuilding the engine. was pretty quick. seemed to be pretty pricey to work with though.

i knew another guy with a 900se turbo but he didnt really do anything with it.

Drives the wrong wheels lol. The 4 cylinder 2.3t seems to be a pretty solid motor, I've maintained one for a customer since 40K it is now at 156K and still strong. We have one customer with a 9-5 that has gone through 2 factory turbos, but I think it has the V6. Lot of people stray away from Saab's b/c they don't know much about them and they are "weird" they really aren't that bad. GM had a lot of say motor wise with the newer Saabs and you can see that.

And the V6 motors are just about identical to the Saturn V6's. We actually ordered parts for a 9-3 Arc Wagon from Saturn North b/c Saab didn't have the stuff, but I think that may be irrelevant b/c the 900se's have the 4 banger. Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong.