Morel Mushrooms

baron_

personally, i like to melt some butter in a pan, then mix up some flour and a little salt and pepper in a bag. cut the shrooms in half, wash them off to get all the bugs off and then while they are still a little wet, toss em in the flour mix. once they are nicely coated, toss em in the melted butter and sautee them until they get a nice golden color to em.

DELICIOUS

That is how we do them.

We went for a couple hours a day the last couple days. We haven't "a spot", yet, so we're just searching wherever looks good. Managed to find about 10 greys and that's it. Ate them tonight. Gf's parents have found about 20lbs on a couple hunts but they live in Southern Illinois. I wish I could find a damn motherload. And I hope the season isn't over, yet. It seemed like it started when the nights were still a bit cold. I was not ready. :(

i think i can see a few dog peckers in there :) Not a bad find though... Have you found anyone to buy them from you? I know a few gourmet groceries sell em for almost $50 a pound.

i think i can see a few dog peckers in there :) Not a bad find though... Have you found anyone to buy them from you? I know a few gourmet groceries sell em for almost $50 a pound.

thats crazy the guy I was out with said people he knew were offering him 50 a lb.

I went today, didn't find any, but i did find what looked to be someone's house way back in these woods outside of town by a creek. pics soon to come.

get me some info Id like to see the pic's and the history behind the house.