Morel Mushrooms

baron_

I have a friend who hunts every year, but I have never tried them. You just eat them alone or with other foods?

personally, i like to melt some butter in a pan, then mix up some flour and a little salt and pepper in a bag. cut the shrooms in half, wash them off to get all the bugs off and then while they are still a little wet, toss em in the flour mix. once they are nicely coated, toss em in the melted butter and sautee them until they get a nice golden color to em.

DELICIOUS

personally, i like to melt some butter in a pan, then mix up some flour and a little salt and pepper in a bag. cut the shrooms in half, wash them off to get all the bugs off and then while they are still a little wet, toss em in the flour mix. once they are nicely coated, toss em in the melted butter and sautee them until they get a nice golden color to em.

DELICIOUS

Exactly how I do it I just make sure to use very little salt and pepper.

I hate hippies. I put it on the same level as hunting and fishing.

Anyway, here's some of the larger ones we found yesterday. You can see none of them are fresh. This was a single patch...maybe 5 square yards. Probably the best 'patch' I've ever found. Quite fun.

And also the largest i've ever found. A few of those are the size of a very large human hand

Found lots of smaller ones

I think the season is already done. My friends in southern Ohio have only found dried up ones today. I found 20 or 30 decent yellows today and not a single one was fresh.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/791/morel1l.jpg

Sidenote: I just tried frying some in Olive Oil. Not bad at all!