Gas Octanes

Not that it makes a big difference, but I like to get Sunoco 94 at the few Sunocos that have a separate handle for it. This just makes me feel like I'm getting nothing but 94. I'm not very interested in using other gasolines because they're all advertising additives, and I don't want additives, I want gasoline.

Guest fist302
Not that it makes a big difference, but I like to get Sunoco 94 at the few Sunocos that have a separate handle for it. This just makes me feel like I'm getting nothing but 94. I'm not very interested in using other gasolines because they're all advertising additives, and I don't want additives, I want gasoline.

+1

all gasolines have additive and if you want just gasoline you shouldn't be buying sunoco which is 10% ethanol. the only place i've found that sells 100% gasoline is meijer and on average i'm getting 4 MPG better using it over the e10.

E85 / thread =)

I've thought about getting an E85 tune and came to the conclusion that its completely useless. Horrible gas mileage, its not really cheaper and not all that easy to get in Ohio.

I can run 93 and if I need to go fast I can run 100+, why waste my time with e85...

I've thought about getting an E85 tune and came to the conclusion that its completely useless. Horrible gas mileage, its not really cheaper and not all that easy to get in Ohio.

I can run 93 and if I need to go fast I can run 100+, why waste my time with e85...

If you have the fuel system to support it, E85 has the R+M/2 of 101 oct, on the cheap. Not to mention, alcohol has some interesting characteristics that definitely help it increase output on forced induction applications. How can you say no to higher mean pressure with lower peak pressure?

If you have the fuel system to support it, E85 has the R+M/2 of 101 oct, on the cheap. Not to mention, alcohol has some interesting characteristics that definitely help it increase output on forced induction applications. How can you say no to higher mean pressure with lower peak pressure?

I knew the octane rating was higher, but didnt know it was that high. Hmmm...

So what would be better, 100oct gasoline or E85? No difference?

I knew the octane rating was higher, but didnt know it was that high. Hmmm...

So what would be better, 100oct gasoline or E85? No difference?

Really depends on your application. In a test lab, where the only variable is the fuel, E85 or any other "oxycarbon" based fuel will make more power but at the cost of higher consumption rates.

get a turbo then

turbo+e85 = bliss