Convertible to Hard Top

4EYE3D

Im thinking about buying a '84 Mustang GT Convertible. My first question is how much would it cost for a new top for it because the old one leaks. Second, how would i go about transforming a vert into a hard top. Has anybody else done it? Im thinking it would incorporate cutting the top off a donor and then welding it on to the vert, or is it even possible? Most likely the answer you will give me is that its cheaper to just buy a hardtop instead.

A new top can be had for fairly cheap, I think I have seen them for around 4100 and $150 with a new window. Dont quote me. If you can put it on yourself, then some good adhesive and your done. If you have to have someone put it on then your obviously going to spend probably another $100-$150.

Im looking at buying a 84 GT but don't really like convertibles. Seller is asking $1000 for it so i just wanted to see if it could be done. Im not exactly sure if its just leaking or what all it said in the ad was needs new top. If I were to buy it though I think I might try to get a glass window instead of plastic.

if its a 4eye car it is a hardtop that has been converted by an outside vendor for ford american sunroof company is the name that springs to mind but that might be wrong

starting in 87 all mustangs verts were engineered and built by ford in a ford plant

the answer in short is if you want a hardtop buy a hardtop its not worth your time to weld a roof on a vert

Guest tbutera2112
First off verts don't suck and I got a new top on mine with pads and cables and a new boot and glass wiNdow for 700 there is only like a 165 pound differenc in gt hatch to vert by the way

verts are gay

especially white ones

with car bras

and homosexual looking drivers

fail x4 stimmel