Foot update ...... No weak stomachs

wnaplay1647545503

sponge goes over the skin graft and prevents the wound vacuum from pulling the skin graft off, while keeping a hematoma from forming behind the skin graft and killing the skin graft--i did this quite a bit last year when i took care of some nasty traumas.

this guy got blasted on by an ak47. his calf (pictured here) swelled up like a ballon, requiring fasciotomies to release the swelling and prevent muscle death. he has another incision on the other side of the leg like this one. the one pictured, had a wound vacuum on it for 3 weeks, required 4 surgeries to fix, the final one being a skin graft (big skin graft). the bone looked like a grenade exploded on it

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8771/footq.jpg

personally, i would have taken the graft from your thigh (no big deal). dr. berlett does only foot&ankle. so does dr. jonathan feibel, and dr. robert gorseline--both can be reached at 759-1186, and both do foot and ankle exclusively, which is what you need.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sponge goes over the skin graft and prevents the wound vacuum from pulling the skin graft off, while keeping a hematoma from forming behind the skin graft and killing the skin graft--i did this quite a bit last year when i took care of some nasty traumas.

The Dr walked up and grabbed the dressing over the bloody area and with one pull just yanked it off. No warning or nothing. Then the nurse tried to pull the sponge off and I was about in tears. She didnt realize it was sewn on. At this point she tried undoing the stitches holding the sponge on and she finally gave up after it looked as though I was going to pass out. This is why a orthopedic surgeon shouldnt be messing with what a plastic surgeon or whatever did.

The Dr walked up and grabbed the dressing over the bloody area and with one pull just yanked it off. No warning or nothing. Then the nurse tried to pull the sponge off and I was about in tears. She didnt realize it was sewn on. At this point she tried undoing the stitches holding the sponge on and she finally gave up after it looked as though I was going to pass out. This is why a orthopedic surgeon shouldnt be messing with what a plastic surgeon or whatever did.

many ortho surgeons (like me) do their own skin grafts--or let the plastic surgeon deal with it. keep your toes above your nose at all times to get that swelling down.

this guy got blasted on by an ak47. his calf (pictured here) swelled up like a ballon, requiring fasciotomies to release the swelling and prevent muscle death. he has another incision on the other side of the leg like this one. the one pictured, had a wound vacuum on it for 3 weeks, required 4 surgeries to fix, the final one being a skin graft (big skin graft). the bone looked like a grenade exploded on it

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8771/footq.jpg

personally, i would have taken the graft from your thigh (no big deal). dr. berlett does only foot&ankle. so does dr. jonathan feibel, and dr. robert gorseline--both can be reached at 759-1186, and both do foot and ankle exclusively, which is what you need.

an adjustment and e-stim would have fixed him up just fine. lol

• Upvote 1