Help with cleanup product

Guest fist302

Guest fist302

I have got this crud on the front of my stang that wont come off. It is dirt that built up from sitting under a front bra for years and years.

I have tried some pre wax detailer and this cleaner i have around the house and both failed pretty hard.

What kind of cleaner can i use to get this crap off? It needs to be pretty strong.

Here is a pic

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/wpiner88/dirtystang.jpg

Guest fist302
is it stained or caked on dirst? If the paint is stained i would buff it

I dont exactly know what you mean stained VS caked on but i would say its stained because it wont come off.

Nope, what do you suggest?

I'm not sure what I should suggest because I'm definitely not an expert, but when I removed the side moldings from my car, the paint underneath was stained with dirt. Basic cleaner, claybar, cleaner wax, etc didn't work. I bought some generic rubbing compound (I think Turtle Wax brand) and after some hard scrubbing for a while the paint finally cleaned up.

Your paint might be in worse condition though, and might need attention with something a bit more effective.

Guest fist302
caked like you can wipe it off but it doesnt come off like brake dust i guess you could say....

And i mean is the paint itself stained that color? so the bumper is smoothed but stained a dark color

Its caked on like brake dust. I can whipe tiny bits of it off but in general it stays stuck ontop of the paint. I dont think it has stained into the paint but its possible i suppose. Any ideas?

Guest fist302
I'm not sure what I should suggest because I'm definitely not an expert, but when I removed the side moldings from my car, the paint underneath was stained with dirt. Basic cleaner, claybar, cleaner wax, etc didn't work. I bought some generic rubbing compound (I think Turtle Wax brand) and after some hard scrubbing for a while the paint finally cleaned up.

Your paint might be in worse condition though, and might need attention with something a bit more effective.

Thanks, im not worried about a top notch finish, its not a show car. I just want this obviously ugly stuff off. What kind of cloth did you use to scrub it with?

Guest fist302
Alright since i cant sleep ( as usual ) im gonna go to walmart and pick up some rubbing compound and a cloth and try it out. Edited by fist302

Guest fist302
I bought some generic rubbing compound (I think Turtle Wax brand) and after some hard scrubbing for a while the paint finally cleaned up.

Hey man that worked great it came right off. Turtlewax rubbing compound and a microfiber cloth did the trick. +rep

Guest fist302
Lets see some after pics.

haha, just for you man :thumbup:

There is a little bit left but i got 90% which is fine for now. While its my daily im not worried about keeping the paint perfect... and no you cant see the rest of the car, it needs a wash bad and the tint redone. I will post up some pics of the car when its nice and cleaned up!

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/wpiner88/100_0849.jpg