Stand alone bottle heater??????

V8 Beast

Guest Removed
Looking for something like this? 12v and 120 outlet usage.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=286

bet me to it

http://www.txpinball.com/images/refurbishing/txpinballtools/propanetorch.jpg

method i have been using for years now.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/nano-nitrous

Just buy this set up, no bottle heater, more consistancy, keeps bottle pressure up throughout the run, fuck it.

these are kick as setups, and there are a few different ones out there now. but can be on the pricey side.

I never really liked the torch idea. Open flame vs aluminum :eek: My last bottle had to be condemned and was about 3-10 good fills from bursting. The guy asked me if I was heating it with a flame...

Looking for something like this? 12v and 120 outlet usage.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=286

Win..

So who wants to buy my bottle heater for $75 :D

I never really likes the torch idea...

I don't like the torch idea either, but it works. Givin everything else you've done to the car the NANO set-up would fit in very well. :cool:

Guest Removed
I never really liked the torch idea. Open flame vs aluminum :eek: My last bottle had to be condemned and was about 3-10 good fills from bursting. The guy asked me if I was heating it with a flame...

i have a heat gun that will do it. go get a steel bottle. you need more weight over the rear tires anyway :p

I don't like the torch idea either, but it works. Givin everything else you've done to the car the NANO set-up would fit in very well. :cool:

Im gonna have to consider that...

Edit: Nope, costs too much.

Win..

if your really selling what kind is it.. i need one.

12v Solar Panel powering the heater?

The panels would need to be the size of the hatch (more like size of the car) for a traditional bottle heater and cost would be in the x,xxx range. Even with a Peltier Junction, you're still looking at mild electrical load.

Using solar to maintain bottle temp would be logical, but any large amount of heating/cooling in a reasonable amount of time wouldn't be practical.

Win..

i might as well be the bone to low ball you so ill take it for 37.52 an i can pick it up tonight. lol really though call me if ur selling it

Its an NOS bottle heater. I'll put it up for sale after I get the new one.

Note: You will need wiring, I have to keep the wiring in case I'm in a area where there is no ac outlet and have to hook it up to the car.

Great thread. I only used the bottle at one event because I was sick of running my tow vehicle between runs to heat the bottle (which NEVER got up to the right pressure).

I've been through a battery a year thanks to trying to warm my bottle without the car running. Now that I think of it I probably killed my alternator while I was at it :o