DJ Needed

wagner

The guy that was going to do the Car show on the 23rd backed out on me due to a family thing.

I now need a DJ for this event and was looking to see if a member of CR can help out. The only issue is due to the Dragway 42 Rental coming up it would be a volunteer thing. I will however cover your food for the day out of my own pocket for helping out.

PM me if you would like to help out.

Thanks,

Have you tried contacting the local radio stations to come set up their equipment and do a live show. Take this mainstream. Should bring out a larger crowd and they sometimes bring free stuff.

I actually was trying to get them to come to another event I am doing but they want $$ from what I understand.

BUT I am also working on getting some TV coverage for this as well so we shall see.

Radio stations used to come out for free, hell they almost were willing to pay you to get the exposure.

Maybe I was talking to the wrong person at the station. I will do some more digging unless you would like to give me a hand on this?

BTW does anybody have some contats at Jegs? I want to see if they might do some door prizes. My hookup at Summit is gone so I can't get my free stuff from them.

Maybe I was talking to the wrong person at the station. I will do some more digging unless you would like to give me a hand on this?

BTW does anybody have some contats at Jegs? I want to see if they might do some door prizes. My hookup at Summit is gone so I can't get my free stuff from them.

Larry is on here ill dig for his SN but he might be able to talk to someone about it. And i know 107.5 does things like this with the bikers but im not sure if everyone likes the hip hop music?

What kind of music are we thinking? Is this just a cr event? How big is the show? Associated with any other event, charity, club, group, is this for the sonic opening or just a car show for the sake of a car show? How much room do they have to set-up? How much time will they have to stay there?

What kind of music are we thinking? Is this just a cr event? How big is the show? Associated with any other event, charity, club, group, is this for the sonic opening or just a car show for the sake of a car show? How much room do they have to set-up? How much time will they have to stay there?

Open to anybody

No idea how big we shall see lol

No other association just us putting this on

Car show/cruise in just to have one

We have a good chunk of the Giant Eagle Parking lot

They can stay as long as they want

I contacted 99.7 again to see what they say. I think Rock would be teh best bet for this I don't think Hip Hop will go over well with the old timers LOL.

jason are you able to come out of the house (not driving of course) if so im sure we can find a radio... some cds an u can be dj flat foot ore something.

in all honesty i hateeeee music at car shows always too loud an just annoying but thats just me.

Let me know if you need help. I certainly dont want to look like jackass' calling the same places.

Well right now I am waiting on 99.7 to get back with me on the radio thing.

I would still like to have a stand alone DJ set up as well. I mean if somebody even has the equipment I will do it I just don't have a PA or anything like that.

Well right now I am waiting on 99.7 to get back with me on the radio thing.

I would still like to have a stand alone DJ set up as well. I mean if somebody even has the equipment I will do it I just don't have a PA or anything like that.

Let me ask my friend jason but he's mainly into hip-hop but im sure he could get some rock stuff

jason are you able to come out of the house (not driving of course) if so im sure we can find a radio... some cds an u can be dj flat foot ore something.

in all honesty i hateeeee music at car shows always too loud an just annoying but thats just me.

As of today, I cannot be out of bed for more than an hr at most. Hopefully I can attend the show but I am no dj.

Country or rock will most likely be well perceived vs. hip hop.

I vote no to that. I would rather hear pop or oldies...

A good DJ plays the top 100 and mixes in a few songs that everyone knows and loves. This way its not one type of music. To be honest if I had to hear country all day I would leave.. I know some of you would feel the same about hip hip. The guy at Advance last year played oldies the entire time and annoyed the heck out of us.

I vote no to that. I would rather hear pop or oldies...

A good DJ plays the top 100 and mixes in a few songs that everyone knows and loves. This way its not one type of music. To be honest if I had to hear country all day I would leave.. I know some of you would feel the same about hip hip. The guy at Advance last year played oldies the entire time and annoyed the heck out of us.

it depends on the event and what the client is looking for. some shows if i played top 40 music i wouldnt last a hour. like i said depends on the client. what kind of show it is. oh and sorry to break it to you. at car shows alot of times your going to hear oldies. kind of comes with the territory. the client there may have asked for that style music.

sorry i am not closer i would prolly do the gig pro bono.

it depends on the event and what the client is looking for. some shows if i played top 40 music i wouldnt last a hour. like i said depends on the client. what kind of show it is. oh and sorry to break it to you. at car shows alot of times your going to hear oldies. kind of comes with the territory. the client there may have asked for that style music.

sorry i am not closer i would prolly do the gig pro bono.

Yea the shows that do ALL oldies can get old. I guess I will just ask for good gearhead music.

I've got a guy for that. Let me check and see if he's available and I'll shoot you a PM.

Do you know this guy can do it? My option 1 fell through and this is the last thing that needs done.

If I can't find somebody that can donate their time and do it for free does anybody have a stereo? Need something good sized and any help on this would make my life MUCH better right now lol...