Stimulus package a damn joke!!!

homewrecker

The so called stimulus package passed by house democrats is a joke. It will fix nothing. It will not create jobs. Only 12 cents of every dollar from the 800+ billion might actually stimulate the economy or create jobs. The rest of the money is nothing but earmarks and pork barrel spending. And I specifically remember Obama saying that he would end earmarks and frivilous government spending. I guess its not change we can beleive in after all. Read this link to find out more. http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/stimulus_pork_spending/2009/01/29/176503.html

Josh, you bored bud? You haven't been on here in months. :lol:

It's a spending plan. Big government here we come.

you mean bigGER government here we come.

obama took control of the largest government in thirty years. and that is not including spending on defense or homeland security.

Who cares where you spend it ?? If you pay off the banks with your credit cards, It helps the banks recover from poor lending practices. = helps the economy

not if the banks continue to piss money away and make bad decisions, then all the money spent on them goes directly in the trash. Example, if you give a crackhead a boat load of money, and tell them to get clean, and they blow all the money on crack again, who's fault is it. The companies and bank ceo's may be set in their ways, and looking how to fill their already fat wallets, they could care less if they destroy their companies, they will just abandon ship right before it sinks, we've already seen that happen in the bank industry and in big business, ceo's running the company into the ground, stealing as much money as possible, and jumping ship. So why give the companies any more money? I say let them sink, and prosecute the criminals, we've yet to see that happen!

not if the banks continue to piss money away and make bad decisions, then all the money spent on them goes directly in the trash. Example, if you give a crackhead a boat load of money, and tell them to get clean, and they blow all the money on crack again, who's fault is it. The companies and bank ceo's may be set in their ways, and looking how to fill their already fat wallets, they could care less if they destroy their companies, they will just abandon ship right before it sinks, we've already seen that happen in the bank industry and in big business, ceo's running the company into the ground, stealing as much money as possible, and jumping ship. So why give the companies any more money? I say let them sink, and prosecute the criminals, we've yet to see that happen!

best thing I've heard someone say from this site yet!

I borrowed that money from the BANK, They didn't care where I spent it. Sooooooooo I don't care where they spend MY money from my stimulous check. My little 600 bones or whatever ?

But government bail out moneys for thier own practices in BIG BUISNESS that they fucked up, sending alot of that money oversee's, I think is another thing. The govenment should have had controll over that. maybee had govenment investers and controllers overseeing all the banks loans, In alot of cases they bail out american small buisnesses also, too ????

We pay high interest rates to combat some of the forclosers and repossesions and bankrupsy on our level, and they try to justify that all the time, AND sell you 10 different kindsa insurance to make the bank FEEL better about the loan? Well then I've payed for everyones incompitance over and over again in my eyes !!!! they used to ask for all collateral. I remember listing everything I owned 20 years ago ?

Does that appy as much to buisness loans ?? I dunno ?

Originally Posted by 12oclocker viewpost.gif

best thing I've heard someone say from this site yet!

I just got here and I'm a little stoked right now, but I'm gonna give everyone a little more credit than that ! LOL ..........Just playin ;)

There was alot more BS in my post to quote and pick on than that !! :p

I do say let them sink too though ( failing companies that is ), But this is about my damn check, not the bail outs, I don't want them to count on me to fix anything !!! :eek:

Originally Posted by 12oclocker viewpost.gif

I just got here and I'm a little stoked right now, but I'm gonna give everyone a little more credit than that ! LOL ..........Just playin ;)

There was alot more BS in my post to quote and pick on than that !! :p

I do say let them sink too though ( failing companies that is ), But this is about my damn check, not the bail outs, I don't want them to count on me to fix anything !!! :eek:

ehh I know, that part caught my eye, dont worry about it, you ride wheelies, so your cool in my book.

Well we could just send hundreds of millions to Gaza because I guess they are more "Needing" then people who actually pay taxes.. Ohhh wait we are already doing that.. UN has sent/will send over 600 million in relief and want more. Guess what country pays most of that UN money?

The next day, Clinton said the United States would give more aid to Palestinians in Gaza. "The United States is currently the single largest contributor to Palestinian aid, and we will be adding even more because we believe that it's important to help those who have been damaged and suffering," she told reporters.
This is what is wrong with this F'n tree hugging country we have here.. FUCK IT.. I'm moving to Israel... Those bastards don't take shit from anyone..

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/29/gaza.us.aid/index.html

so your saying there was a depression before the great depression that we could compare the two? What categorizes a depression vs. a "great" depression?

I'm not even going to touch your other arguement because its not even worth my time. I

There was a depression around 1830 in this country.;)

If you are one of those taxpayers that doesn't want to spend $25 million on trails for ATVs, or $150 million for agricultural repairs (like beehives after a storm), then you'll understand why no Republicans supported the stimulus in the House -- and why most Republicans are trashing it in the Senate. It includes $650 million to help people switch their old TV signals to digital and $335 million to prevent sexually transmitted disease
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/30/eveningnews/main4765261.shtml

Good read for the breakdown ya's and na's

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/26/news/economy/stimulus_101/index.htm?postversion=2009012717

and this video just makes me want to smack someone. Yes they are from Youtube but they are videos of actual proceedings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4

Then we have Richard Baker in 2004 saying we have a problem with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and a shit load of Dems say he was wrong.. WOW I bet they are kicking themselves now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

Then we have Richard Baker in 2004 saying we have a problem with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and a shit load of Dems say he was wrong.. WOW I bet they are kicking themselves now...

Nice to see someone doing there homework. Richard Baker wasn't the only one talking about the problems. John McCain was also. But the dems ignored them and covered up the issues so minorities could get loans and bankrupt the country.

Nice to see someone doing there homework. Richard Baker wasn't the only one talking about the problems. John McCain was also. But the dems ignored them and covered up the issues so minorities could get loans and bankrupt the country.

republicans saw it happening too, yet they failed to do anything about it as well...

we've already been over this thousands of times in other threads before november... BOTH parties have failed america. BOTH OF THEM.

the more this stupid in-fighting and finger pointing goes on, the worse its gonna get... ZOMG its democrats faults... omg no,its republicans... BOTH PARTIES ARE FUCKED. neither of them care about america. all they care about is keeping themselves in power. neither party is "better" than the other. they are both shit.

No it wont. Go back to the great depression. Roosevelt tried the same thing. It didnt work then and it wont work now.

Interesting article written by an economist who used to work at the Harvard Business Review

The "FDR Failed" Myth

http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2009020603/fdr-failed-myth

The so called stimulus package passed by house democrats is a joke. It will fix nothing. It will not create jobs. Only 12 cents of every dollar from the 800+ billion might actually stimulate the economy or create jobs. The rest of the money is nothing but earmarks and pork barrel spending. And I specifically remember Obama saying that he would end earmarks and frivilous government spending. I guess its not change we can beleive in after all. Read this link to find out more. http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/stimulus_pork_spending/2009/01/29/176503.html

I called it, I called, he's a liar. just like the rest of the politicians, just watch him do more things he promised he wouldn't do, I 100% guarantee it!