Hawk pads

BugeyeTy

Did you rub them on the concrete to prime the surface before you installed them? If not that is more than likely your issue.

Are you supposed to do this on all cars/all pads? Ooops.

I've been happy with my hawks, and I know the charger guys like them too. I bedded them in properly, with new brembo blanks....

ya, I was happy with them for a while and put about 15k miles on them. Then the whole pad surface just fell off the backing and theres over 1/4in left on them.

Ive been running them for three years with no complaints (same pads.. swapping them out next month). I only clean my wheels about once a month. I'm running them with slotted brembos.

your car isn't a daily driver

your car isn't a daily driver

Yes it is, I just have 3 cars to choose from. All of my cars have between 30 and 40k miles... One just gets driven a little bit harder and has to stop from higher speeds.

P.S. - running a car with warped rotors can cause pads to separate/delaminate. I've also heard of cheapo drilled rotors tearing up pads....

Just a possibility.

maybe, they were on powerslot rotors

Ty, sounds like you may have got a back batch, typically they do not come apart from the backing plate. Although through time we have seen a lower quality in their products do to some out sourcing amoung certain lines. They still have a good product, just lowering the price was a result of chinese manufactoring.

I suggest carbotech!

I run EBC Reds all year around, They dust way less than Stock and they were awesome when I had the car on Road America multiple 120-40 slow downs. No Fade. I have had people say they suck in the winter, I have never had a problem in the winter, If it's really cold I would drag them a little bit when I first got in the car to put a little heat into them. I have never had an EBC pad fall apart on me, I have had 3 sets of EBC Pads on the car. BTW I have a 05 STI in case you didn't know.

I've had Hawk HPS in the M3 for street pads for 4 years. They're a great, lower dust pad compared to the OEM pad that still does a decent job of stopping the car.

However, HPS pads are notorious for coming apart if you use them for anything other than street driving. They just aren't any good with heat. Great street pad but nothing more.

HP+ is a decent pad if you're going to be a bit more agressive with the applicaiton. Sill not a good track pad by any means but great for agressive street driving and Auto-x applications.

I ran HT-10's in the M3 for track pads and they were outstanding. Lacked a little bit of modulation feel but never got too hot even stoppoing that 3600lb car from around 140mph at the end of the back straight at Mid Ohio. The HT series pads were recently replaced with the DTC series pads which are a newer competition compound. I hope to try them out on the 996 this season as I wasn't blown away with the Pagids I've been using on that car.

Andy

we run hawk pads on 3 of 4 of our subies and previous to that on our track car 2.5rs with no problems

However.. Nathan has always done a pretty good job of embedding them.. Sounds to me like your rears may not have gotten enough of it when u did it. They are awesome breaks. We are currently loking for a good deal for our lgt to replace them with hp+

I have hps's on my car which are quieter and create less dust

I run EBC Reds all year around, They dust way less than Stock and they were awesome when I had the car on Road America multiple 120-40 slow downs. No Fade. I have had people say they suck in the winter, I have never had a problem in the winter, If it's really cold I would drag them a little bit when I first got in the car to put a little heat into them. I have never had an EBC pad fall apart on me, I have had 3 sets of EBC Pads on the car. BTW I have a 05 STI in case you didn't know.

Which EBC's and rotors are you using? I need to replace my pads and rotors next month...

Which EBC's and rotors are you using? I need to replace my pads and rotors next month...

I run EBC Red Stuff, and I use Brembo Blanks for rotors. I have had my rotors replaced under warranty, My first set of rotors that I will pay for will be Brembo Slotted. For the STI the solid rotors are only sold to dealers for our cars, and they want way too much for them. For half the price of solid ones from the stealeership, you can buy Slotted Brembos from many Aftermarket companies.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/redstuffinfo.html

I run Hawks on both of my cars. As Andy mentioned, any track duty will kill the HPS's...they're just not made for that. I've run HP+ at the track in my FD, but it's a light car with big brakes so your results may vary.

Honestly if you want to track your car, the only reasonable way to get the best of both worlds for street/track is to buy and run 2 different sets of pads. HPS for the street, and some DTCs for the track.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone is running Hawk pads. I have hps front and rear and the rears just fell apart. Has anyone else had any problems with them?

Never had a single issue when I ran powerslots and hawks on all 4 corners in my 98 Z28. I noticed less brake dust than an OEM pad honestly. Only other company I can think of is EBC that's worth a damn.

Guest Removed
Ive been running them for three years with no complaints (same pads.. swapping them out next month). I only clean my wheels about once a month. I'm running them with slotted brembos.

you drive 15 miles a year :gtfo: