R.I.P. Ryan Salmons

DKilbourne

Well, it was only a matter of time for this to happen. A good friend of mine's son was diagnosed with cancer a little over a year ago. The day before Kenny's showing we had our "last" visit with him as things were looking grim. He couldn't accept anymore chemo as his counts were too low. He was fighting the whole way. He did get signed by the Blue Jackets and was in their team photo. Part of his contract gave him tickets to the first home playoff game and he was there. So much support for this kid and so much inspiration from him. We are all going to miss him and it just sucks to actually now know that he is gone. The only good thing from this is that he is no longer in pain. This is not easy. Remember to enjoy life, because you never know.

sorry to here. how old?

He was 19.

I grew up with Ryan and knew him all the way through high school. When I was young we hung out quite a lot, I remember swimming in his pool the days back.

As we got older, the talks turned to cars.

Ryan, like many of us, was a HUGE car buff. He had a turbo gsr, a ford lightning, a modded 06 accord v6, and ended with a corvette c5.

He was an amazing kid and really showed perseverance and many amazing traits as the days went on. He accepted his fate and went with an open heart enjoying his days.

A month ago, I had a chance with death and spent time in the hospital. To remember it I got a tattoo yesterday that said 'How we survive is what makes us who we are'. As of today, I also dedicate this tattoo to my friend Ryan.

They put him into an enduced coma in which he wouldn't wake up. This was a direct quote from him.

"My name is Ryan Salmons and I will sign on the dotted line if need be." They asked if he knew where he was going and he said, "I'm going to heaven, I'm driving my Corvette and parking it right at the front gate."

He inspired thousands of people and was an amazing guy. And I, along with many others, will miss him dearly.

Edited by Seebs

He was 19.

I grew up with Ryan and knew him all the way through high school. When I was young we hung out quite a lot, I remember swimming in his pool the days back.

As we got older, the talks turned to cars.

Ryan, like many of us, was a HUGE car buff. He had a turbo gsr, a ford lightning, a modded 06 accord v6, and ended with a corvette c5.

He was an amazing kid and really showed perseverance and many amazing traits as the days went on. He accepted his fate and went with an open heart enjoying his days.

A month ago, I had a chance with death and spent time in the hospital. To remember it I got a tattoo yesterday that said 'How we survive is what makes us who we are'. As of today, I also dedicate this tattoo to my friend Ryan.

They put him into an enduced coma in which he wouldn't wake up. This was a direct quote from him.

He inspired thousands of people and was an amazing guy. And I, along with many others, will miss him dearly.

You should feel fortunate you knew him. I read the article about him in the Dispatch a few weeks ago and how he and Chimera became pretty good friends. I thought it was cool that Chimer wasnt just being a "hospital friend" coming to visit when the cameras were on but from what I understood they hung out a few times and watched some games etc... Gotta think for someone in that position and being a fan what would be the coolest thing to have happen, sitting around with one of your idols just bullshitting would be tops on my list. I knew a few guys and girls who knew him but I never had the chance to meet him unfortunatly. Sounds like a kickass guy I was really genuinly sad to hear this.

off topic, he seriously had all of those cars by time he was only 19?! damn