FML - A Jeep story

TheHaze

Replace everything there that might even have a chance of being damaged, all the studs, lugnuts (on every wheel too if you want to be extra safe) and if the holes on the wheel really are worn, replace that wheel too. You got lucky, don't leave this to chance again.

I swapped on my full size spare that appears to be in good condition. I also already put on new lug nuts on all wheels and torqued to ~102 lbs/ft. I'm considering replacing the studs where the wheel came off, but I don't see how they would be damaged; they shouldn't be stretched if the lug nuts came loose. None of the threads are stripped either.

I swapped on my full size spare that appears to be in good condition. I also already put on new lug nuts on all wheels and torqued to ~102 lbs/ft. I'm considering replacing the studs where the wheel came off, but I don't see how they would be damaged; they shouldn't be stretched if the lug nuts came loose. None of the threads are stripped either.

You never know. I wouldn't chalk it up to vandalism and forget about it, there's always the chance that something mechanical caused it. Studs are cheap, and can prevent this from happening again. Worth it.

You never know. I wouldn't chalk it up to vandalism and forget about it, there's always the chance that something mechanical caused it. Studs are cheap, and can prevent this from happening again. Worth it.

FOR SURE. Don't risk it. Replace the studs.