Trailing arm on GTP

Snowflake

Guest Removed
going to need to warm the bolt up and cool it down, then turn it while your cooling it.. it's corroded to the aluminum..try not to heat the aluminum.

Guest Removed
Would you say a heat gun would be the way to go? Oh and I know this is stupid but I never used any PB blaster or anything because I couldnt find my can. I should probably get a can, huh?

heat gun wont do it...im talking Heat...not warmth

and yes...let that stuff soak on it, you might get lucky

I hate to kill the boner, but you won't really notice a difference with the GMPP kit. Not night/day, but maybe night/sunrise.

Its all good. Im not looking for Porsche-like handling just an improvement over a 130,000 mile car.

The 5 piece cost me like 176.00 shipped and after I add the new springs and struts I already have Im sure I will see an improvement..

I had to change one out on my wifes GTP last year since it got bent somehow and what a pain in the azz. I just kept beating it with a hammer and it finally came out.

I also broke off 2 of the 3 bolt heads that hold the LCA bracket to the body.

Next problem I had was getting the stock bolt out of the LCA, that was a bitch too.

I had to change one out on my wifes GTP last year since it got bent somehow and what a pain in the azz. I just kept beating it with a hammer and it finally came out.

I also broke off 2 of the 3 bolt heads that hold the LCA bracket to the body.

Next problem I had was getting the stock bolt out of the LCA, that was a bitch too.

Do you remember if the bolt went all the way through or was it threaded into the aluminum piece?

I have to go get me a torch and Im fucked on any impact tools. I am going to get the torch and just hope for the best. I'll get those motherfuckers out...

The real sucker is the one that does not read the entire post and posts to call someone a sucker when him/her clearly needs glasses.:rolleyes:

right after this post is the first time you linked to the kit.

I've installed a gmpp handling kit for someone which consisted of struts springs and mounts. Sorry for shitting in your thread..

BTW did you get that bolt out with the heat gun yet? if that didnt work try lighting a candle underneath it. last but not least pour a cup of hot chocolate and sit it next to the head of the bolt, not the threads, and it should just fall out on its own from all the heat.

right after this post is the first time you linked to the kit.

I've installed a gmpp handling kit for someone which consisted of struts springs and mounts. Sorry for shitting in your thread..

BTW did you get that bolt out with the heat gun yet? if that didnt work try lighting a candle underneath it. last but not least pour a cup of hot chocolate and sit it next to the head of the bolt, not the threads, and it should just fall out on its own from all the heat.

I just used a couple of those hand warmers. I set them on the bolt and left them all night. Hopefully when I go out there this morning they are already out.

you guys are all suckers.. why are you taking that out to change a strut/spring?

You would leave this on your wifes car while she drives your kids around ????

http://www.customls1tuning.com/pics/Bent%20Trailing%20Arm.jpg