Camera Users Chime in please

TTQ B4U

I'm in process of putting together a nice curriculum for my photography instruction course(s) but want some CR input.

Those who are using an SLR, digital or film, no difference or those just plain using a digital camera, bridge(SLR like) or basic point & shoot, please provide some insight if you would.

1. What are the top 5 or so things you would like to learn more about?
  2. What type of photography shots do you like to take? Cars, sports, nature, etc. (keep it clean now)
  3. Please include what type of camera you have, type or model
  4. Let me know if you're interested in being a part of a class or workshop that I may be hosting.

If we can get 5-10 people interested, I'm thinking of putting on a workshop at one of the upcoming events or shows. Ideas welcome.

My initial Idea:

One thing I was thinking of is to possibly asking for a small fee to help fund a separate Photography Section on CR simliar to CR Night Crew and Gun Crew. (I was told this cost $)

The remaining money could then either go towards a CR Photographer Crew event for the group and/or a charity. Haven't discussed it all with the powers that be, but am just trying to get things started.

Thanks everyone.

I am on this like a ricer on some JDM partz.

What type of photography shots do you like to take? Cars, sports, nature, etc. (keep it clean now)

-cars, sports, family, and some nature

Please include what type of camera you have, type or model

-cannon rebel xsi

I would love to do a class provided it is not turbo expensive.

I'm in process of putting together a nice curriculum for my photography instruction course(s) but want some CR input.

Those who are using an SLR, digital or film, no difference or those just plain using a digital camera, bridge(SLR like) or basic point & shoot, please provide some insight if you would.

2. What type of photography shots do you like to take? Cars, sports, nature, etc. (keep it clean now)
  4. Let me know if you're interested in being a part of a class or workshop that I may be hosting.

If we can get 5-10 people interested, I'm thinking of putting on a workshop at one of the upcoming events or shows. Ideas welcome.

My initial Idea:

One thing I was thinking of is to possibly asking for a small fee to help fund a separate Photography Section on CR simliar to CR Night Crew and Gun Crew. (I was told this cost $)

The remaining money could then either go towards a CR Photographer Crew event for the group and/or a charity. Haven't discussed it all with the powers that be, but am just trying to get things started.

Thanks everyone.

1. My main thing is to learn how to use my camera to its fullest potential

2. Cars, Nature, Sporting events, I mean there are some times where I just wish I carried my camera around at all times, because I see things I want a picture of and don't have my camera so basically anything/everything I take pics of

3. Canon Powershot S3IS

4. Yes I would be interested in some kind of workshop or class to learn how to take better pictures and use my camera to its full potential

Lighting, shooting more in manual less in auto, taking good night pictures, photographing dark colored subjects correctly - w/o necessitating a ton of PP correction, and proper cleaning SERIOUSLY

Cars, Nature, Macro, Family

Nikon D70, with stock lense, wide angle, and 300mm Nikkor VR Zoom

I likely would be interested

Scott makes a good point with Lighting. I have particular interest in ways to get good indoor shots without buying expensive studio lighting kits that I might only use a few times as an amateur.

I've made a couple of small light boxes to photograph small items in the past but wonder if there's a good home made, DIY approach to getting close to studio lighting without all of the equipment.

Andy

Scott makes a good point with Lighting. I have particular interest in ways to get good indoor shots without buying expensive studio lighting kits that I might only use a few times as an amateur.

I've made a couple of small light boxes to photograph small items in the past but wonder if there's a good home made, DIY approach to getting close to studio lighting without all of the equipment.

Andy

I'll take my own thread a bit off-topic and share that you can easily achieve the above with a little time at Lowes or Home Depot. $25-$50 and you'll be amazed. Key is to do a custom white balance and focus the light correctly. That's a topic I can cover.

I shot this in my basement. Old Wallpaper mural found years ago, a real bridge that I bought locally for the shoot, then returned :o and two Home Depot lights. A little too warm, but I can fix that in Photoshop.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/105520867/original.jpg

Same here from 2006

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/71476316/original.jpg

Low Lighting areas (god i fail at those) and good ways to figure out what your f-stop vs Exposure speeds.

Im interested in Product Shots (i.e. for a catalog shooting, or online stores)

Canon Rebel XTi

Yes i would

I would like to experiment with lighting and using speed lights, on camera and off camera.

I take photos of whatever seems interesting, people, buildings, nature, cars, ect.

I have a Nikon D50 and D70 with some lenses.

I would be interested in some work shops, it'll be cool to get together with other photo people on CR.

This is a cool idea and I'll help out in any way I can.

I shoot with a 40D

My subjects are typically events and portraits that I do professionally

I do landscapes for fun though and would love to learn more about shooting cars I don't do a lot of that. Mostly I'd need more advanced lighting technique though and a workshop on it would be great.

To the guy who asked about cheap lighting I picked up a nice little pair of umbrellas, flashes and remote stuff from midwest photo that I use for on location shoots. It works great and was less than $300.

I've used the home depot approach too and it works great as well.