Ninja 650R?

Bam

Anyone rode one, or know anything specific about the?

I'm looking for a sport standard or sport touring bike, still want that sporty look but more comfortable for longer rides. This bike supposedly has a very upright riding position and supposed to be better for the back.

I like hoblicks vfr800, if i could find a decent one in my range I'd pick one up, but these seem alright as well.

Found two local, both 07's....it'd be nice to pick up an almost new bike.

1st...07 650r blue, 1900 miles, had 1500mile service, $4000kinda firm

2nd...07 650r blue, 550miles, garage queen, etc, $4500obo

Neither bike has been down, both are minty, original owners, clean titles, etc.

I'm thinking offer like 3600-3700 for the first, seeing as how it doesn't really have any miles on it anyways and just buy the cheapest one.

but, would like some input whether those are good deals, and if these bikes are decently comfortable to ride 3-400 miles a day, sometimes with a passenger.

I've thought about a couple other bikes, namely the vfr800, sv650s/1000, fz6, and a few others, but basically i want to buy the newest/lowest mile bike I can for around $4k because i plan to keep it for a few years at least, and don't want it to be 10 years old w/ 30k miles when I do.

ok for a 01 VFR800

will be in that price range, and are even more sportier looking than mine.

youll be unhappy with the 650R

where do you look besides craigslist? thanks

what do you think wont' be good about the 650r? just curious? seating position, power, handling? what? just trying to understand why.

also, how many miles are on your vfr?

A friend of mine just bought a 07 650R. It's an ALRIGHT bike. The front shocks are VERY soft and non adjustable. The preload on the rear is adjustable, but that's it. Also the suspension layout of the rear makes it very difficult to lower.

those are basically a naked zx12r, detuned. has upright riding position, but not really a touring bike.. depends on what your looking for

the 650r is way underpowered, suspension sucks,etc. like jason said

definitely want something to be able to go the distance on. Have some friends that went to deals gap last year, and are going this year, and some friends ride 3-400 miles a day on some weekends, backroads and whatnot, want to be able to tag along w/out regretting it majorly that night/the next week.

What did you get?

2000 Suzuki Bandit 600S, red, 4500 miles, mint, bought from original owner for a steal! Rode great last night, can't wait to get it out on some backroads and do some traveling. It already has an aftermarket seat so another plus. I'll get pics up soon.

dude...youre way too big for a 600 bandit...congrats though

lol, should've seen the dude I bought it off of, lol, he's got an easy 50-75lbs on me. But, it felt alright, i don't need some race bike, just something comfy to commute on and do some long rides, plus it was durrrrty cheap, so if I get tired of it in a few months I have no doubt I can sell it to at least break even, if not come out ahead. I wasn't ready to drop $4k on a bike, even though it was tempting.

Guest tbutera2112
lol, should've seen the dude I bought it off of, lol, he's got an easy 50-75lbs on me. But, it felt alright, i don't need some race bike, just something comfy to commute on and do some long rides, plus it was durrrrty cheap, so if I get tired of it in a few months I have no doubt I can sell it to at least break even, if not come out ahead. I wasn't ready to drop $4k on a bike, even though it was tempting.

thats the nice thing about bikes...they hold their value pretty well, so if you ever want to trade up, you dont really lose your ass like a car

werd, plus once they get so cheap, it doesn't matter how old/how many miles are on them, as long as they run good and are clean, you're golden on getting money for it.

what bike you have? i dont think i'm ready for a full out harley yet, my dad's got one and its a big bitch.

Guest tbutera2112

you talking to me? (if so, i dont have a harley...i have a vmax....the harley is a truck lol...and i cant ride the vmax yet, im working on it...needs steering head bearings (getting that done asap), then needs inspection **salvage**, and i need to get my endorsement)

vmax is a big bike too...gonna start out on my dads friends 883 *or whatever number they use* sportster, then move up to the vmax

Guest tbutera2112

vmax = most badass bike ever....well until this year, when they made the new vmax! lol new one is sex on 2 wheels...but i like the older ones too...same design for 20 years, you know they had something right!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0965.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0966.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0970.jpg

nice, what year is it, how many cc's? i can't tell if it looks newer or older, lol. No windscreen tho? do you just run around the city or take any trips? we should ride sometime....

Guest tbutera2112
nice, what year is it, how many cc's? i can't tell if it looks newer or older, lol. No windscreen tho? do you just run around the city or take any trips? we should ride sometime....

ive never ridden it, it was my dads bike and he left it to me when he passed away in jan...im still working on getting my endorsement and fixing the couple little problems it has before i can take it anywhere.... its a 97, but from 1985-2007 they were all identical aside from color, but mine has custom paint so that cant give it away lol

ive got a windshield for it, but i wont be putting it on...ive got a big one and a little tiny one...if i start riding it to school i may put the tiny one on it just to use as a parking pass holder

oh, and 1200cc