cat back exhaust

Snowflake

I am almost done installing a cat back exhaust on my TA.

Besides sound and cool tail pipes are there any benefits in doing an exhaust from the cat back?

I was looking at that crushed pipe before the cat and that has to be the most fucked up shit.

My GTP had a crushed u-bend in the exhaust and when I removed that it opened it up alot.

Just wondering

Mangnaflow catback.

Can I get an ORY that bolts to the stock manifolds and will still work with the 3" that the cat back is?

Yes, but then you will need a different one when you do the long tube headers. IMHO I think you should just wait and do the headers and Y pipe at the same time.

Mangnaflow catback.

Can I get an ORY that bolts to the stock manifolds and will still work with the 3" that the cat back is?

You can but I'd just get the headers. Headers are such a big improvement.

Officially addicted :cool:

I still think a stall converter is your next move

It is. if Im gonna spend a chunk thats what it will be. i didnt know if I could get away cheap with the y pipe but I understand it would be a waste of time and money..

Stall next then headers...

Guest Removed

best thing,gears, stall. then lt's and ORY. oh and a cam.

but you will need to delete the egr and so on. and get the egr and secondary o2's shut off. but i say let brady @ pickupspluscars tune it...you will not be disappointed

Yes, but then you will need a different one when you do the long tube headers. IMHO I think you should just wait and do the headers and Y pipe at the same time.

+1. Don't waste your time or money till you can do it all. I got Pacesetter LTs/ORY and Borla Catback and it flows/sounds very healthy.

im not sure that doing headers and off road y before the others would hurt it. defenately cheaper than cam, heads, intake, and or convertor. i just intalled a borla catback on mine last weekend and damn, its loud! its adjustable tho so im going to install one of those electric cut outs so i dont get pulled over alot, just open it when i wanna be noticed!

Yeah, what everyone else said...haha. Have you found an LS6 intake yet? If not I would say not to worry about it. There are literally new listings for them EVERY DAY on LS1tech. Even if you wait you'll still find one no problem.