Byers Mazda subraru warrenty repairs on cars with mods

BIGGU

Well here is the deal, on my speed3 since Ive gotten it there is a windshield rattle on the car and there is on the inside a plastic on plastic creak that's coming from the clock bezel on the car. Ive dealt with it since Ive owned the car and now i'm just tired of hearing it. Does anyone know how byers Mazda / Subaru is with mods on cars and warrantying things? Ive added a greddy bov, Mazdaspeed CAI(this does not affect the warranty as its a Mazda product), Vibrant street power exhaust, medieval rear motor mount (looks close to factory) and RKM Shifter bushings. none of these mods would have anything to do with the rattling of factory parts but do you think it should be a issue to get the work done under warranty?

While i bring the car i'm going to have them take care of some other recalls on the car just to get it all done.

are there any other Mazda dealerships in the area that I could take my car? I have all the stock parts and could put them on except for the exhaust. any ideas?

You don't think stiffer bushings and harder motor mounts will not make things rattle?

As for the mods, my car was there for warranty work a few times and I had fight to make Paul the Service MGR to keep his word. It was always a pain to get things done there. Fuck him. Many others have problems with him too, at least on the Subaru side of things.

Ben the rattles were there before the mods were ever installed. there is a service bulletin out on the windshield rattle on the car in. it only happens in the cold and its because the wiper cowl cover starts to contact the trim pieces, Mazda usually just puts pads under it and it stops the other rattle, as i understand, happens on all 2008.5 mazdaspeed3's with the piano black Bose stereo. I don't recall there being a bulletin on it but if i actually put some pressure on the piece the creaking goes away. Maby ill just replace the greddy bov and the rear motor mount and bring it for service and see what i can do.

BOV = fail unless the mazda speed is Blow through maf or speed density.

RICH on shift = omnom

Mods normally cause the shops to be complete and utter dicks. I had a CATBACK on my camaro and they tried to void my warranty when i brought the car in for a rattling dash piece

Yeah good luck with the mods, I have a friend who has a MazdaSpeed Miata, she put a cat-back on it, took it there for an A/C problem. There was a big deal made about the exhaust and they tried to void her warranty.

Sometimes it just depends on the advisor you get.

BOV = recirculated

Correct I guess I should have specified it as a BPV.

well ill just talk with my buddy who knows all the service people at Byers Mazda and see what he says. maby he can get one of them to bring it in and fix it for me.

Had to take my car in 4 times to have both front axels to be replaced. after it was done the front of the car creaked and groned when ever the car hit any kinda bump or the supspenion had any load on it. Took it back multiple times only for them to say they couldn't duplicate it and after taking a test drive with the wife they told her it was normal. I say take it to Ricart or the dealership out in Lancaster.

AVOID BYERS MAZDA/SUBARU SERVICE

ive had it with byers b/c of paul liska. long story short, ive been having problems with a false low oil light and its been in 3 or 4 times and they could not reproduce it, so it finally came on today when i was near them on my lunch break and so was going to drop it off (which is what paul wanted me to do,) but obviously needed a loner to get back to work. he talked to tech support he denied me a rental stating that it was 'costing the dealership too much money,' which is bs b/c mazda pays for loners, but i even arranged other transportation and he would not take my car for service. theres a long list of lies hes told me, and ive had enough. frank and ed are awesome, but ed apparenlty quit b/c of how the place is run.

i finally called mazda na to file a formal complaint and would urge anyone here who has had the displeasure of dealing with paul to do the same. 800.222.5500. the guy i spoke with was lee at x1147 and he was awesome, he told me to call if i had any other problems so im sure he wouldnt mind helping you guys too. mazda direct, here i come!

Post 113, http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=28916&page=5

Another from a member here (Nate, he also runs Central Ohio Subarus.com):

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-126707.html

Modifications DO NOT void the warranty on the entire car. The only voids they can do is if the part is in some way affecting the malfunction. These usually involve engine, emissions, steering, and suspension. Usually a call to the customer assistance center will get the ball rolling in your direction.

BOV = recirculated

BPV (Bypass Valve) is generally considered recirculated and a BOV (Blow-Off Valve) is generally considered open atmosphere. However, I don't know what he switched his Mazda's to. If it was originally a BPV, hopefully he replaced it with the same or that could be reason enough for them.

None of those things should void a warranty. However, some place are dicks about it and will try to use an excuse for it. If they don't like it, try somewhere else. As far as the recall is concerned, mods should not make a difference and if they tell you otherwise, I would contact corporate.

BPV (Bypass Valve) is generally considered recirculated and a BOV (Blow-Off Valve) is generally considered open atmosphere. However, I don't know what he switched his Mazda's to. If it was originally a BPV, hopefully he replaced it with the same or that could be reason enough for them.

None of those things should void a warranty. However, some place are dicks about it and will try to use an excuse for it. If they don't like it, try somewhere else. As far as the recall is concerned, mods should not make a difference and if they tell you otherwise, I would contact corporate.

Christian, I know the difference between the two, but no point in arguing the difference in terms to Thorne :lol:. I wanted to make it clear, however, that it is a reciculated Greddy unit.

I do not miss the days of battling with the dealerships over warranty work. I went through pure hell with my 3G Eclipse transmission issues because I had a CAI on the damn car. They said that it was a "supercharger". Fucking morons.

I do not miss the days of battling with the dealerships over warranty work. I went through pure hell with my 3G Eclipse transmission issues because I had a CAI on the damn car. They said that it was a "supercharger". Fucking morons.

WTF does that have to do with the differences between BPV's and BOV's ?

Paul Liska is the worst service manager i have EVER met.

he will basicly give you shit for anything you can think about to prevent from having to fix the car.

I wish you luck..

Another from a member here (Nate, he also runs Central Ohio Subarus.com):

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-126707.html

This is not the only problem Nathan and I hvae had with Byers..

I dont want to get into the specifics.. but my car has has a quiet knock since the day we bought it brand new.. which has been in the shop at least 5 times and paul keeps telling us that its a normal sound.. we have had FIVE subarus.. (currently owning 4) and none of them make this sound..

I have been ignored, condescended and "treated like a woman", when it came to this matter, and paul liska can bite my ass.

Paul needs to find a new job. No one that knows him is arguing that. I work there and its hard for me to get warranty work through him. I generally stay away from him and go straight to Frank or Jill.

You dont have a job....:p

they aren't overly mod friendly on the MazdaSpeeds but if you go there, just have them look up the TSB to take care of the issue. It's a simple 20min. fix. I've already had it done. Talk with Jill. She's very easy on the eyes and knows my car :cool:

When you head up there call me as I am not far from there. 614.795.4907

-tim