Watch the STS-125 Launch Live

Rally Pat

wish i could see the shuttle take off always wanted to see one close up.

I see they said it was damaged in takeoff again, they think its not that bad but they still have to look at it closer. I hope they dont have to send up the rescue crew to get them. They cant go losing another shuttle though

this is the most dangerous shuttle mission ever. they knew that going in, and they can not use the space station as a recovery point. all these factors are what made them have plans for a recovery shuttle in standby from day one. i would think that would make me feel better knowing its there if needs be.

oh yea the shuttle will grab the hubble today at around 12:45. i think they have it listed at..... 12:54. check the link above to watch nasa tv to see it.

Edited by Spidey2721

details about the mission? What is so dangerous about it?

Mission - Maintenance and upgrades to Hubble. Will be the last work done on Hubble.

Danger - they are about 100 miles higher than the space station which is the distance the shuttle normally goes. Also there is a lot of space junk floating around where they are. Any of it could cause damage to the shuttle where they possibly may not be able to fly it back home and the emergency shuttle will be launched to rescue them.