Fastest Trailblazer in C-Bus

EricZ06

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The power curve is flat, what's not to love about having power every where?

thats true, but it'd be even better if the torque curve was flat and the power curve went up as the RPM's did.

by the way is this car 2wd or 4wd?

It ran 11.88 @ 116 on 100 jets, next track day he's going with the current 150 jets and going to try and get this thing to leave harder....

He told me it had 150 jets in it at the track.....weird?

Nice powa Peanut! Look at that torque :eek:

NOPR, the SUV is 2wd

He told me it had 150 jets in it at the track.....weird?

Nice powa Peanut! Look at that torque :eek:

He thought he did but never got a chance to dyno it prior. On the jets he had in at the track it only made an additional 85-90rwhp.

Jeff

I never said it did. Just that you better being running 10s if you hope to beat it :)

Jeff

Says who? Ask how many 700RWHP Supra owners that are stuck in the 12's.

The track is a lot more than just dyno-racing. I've beat cars lighter and more powerful at the track, because they can't put the power down.

You two are idiots, stop thinking peak numbers. The power curve is flat, what's not to love about having power every where?

Then what's with the 2 seperate ledges where the torque flatlines before the nitrous oxide hit?

Then what's with the 2 seperate ledges where the torque flatlines before the nitrous oxide hit?

Its the converter flashing, possibly combining with a little bottle pressure. Really good power curve though, in all analysis.

Do any of them run 10s ?

Find one of them and I have $20 on it :)

It ran 11.88 @ 116 on 100 jets, next track day he's going with the current 150 jets and going to try and get this thing to leave harder....

had to point it it out but it seems this one doesn't run 10s

Says who? Ask how many 700RWHP Supra owners that are stuck in the 12's.

The track is a lot more than just dyno-racing. I've beat cars lighter and more powerful at the track, because they can't put the power down.

Tommy has made about 37 passes so far this year in his TBSS. Its a built auto. Its consistent as hell. Running 11.80s with only 80ish HP from the spray as opposed to the 130ish HP he has now will drop that to low 11s all day. The 80hp addition from the spray took it from 13.0s to 11.80s for reference last weekend.

I didn't think it took a rocket-scientist to conclude that you would need to run high 10s to beat something running low 11s lol. I guess I was wrong...

Jeff

PS -- Even if it runs 12.0's I have yet to be told about a faster one that would like to show up and race tonight / tomorrow night / Friday night / this weekend? Why don't you bring the Formula out of hibernation to get walked by a Big-ass SUV :)

I find it very hard to believe that a trailblazer that shaved 7 tenths with a 100 shot is gonna wake the fuck up on another 50.. for a total of 150shot and run a 10???? no he was running a 150 at the track just admit it... he will...lol

I find it very hard to believe that a trailblazer that shaved 7 tenths with a 100 shot is gonna wake the fuck up on another 50.. for a total of 150shot and run a 10???? no he was running a 150 at the track just admit it... he will...lol

It won't run 10s (As-is) and nobody ever said it was going to. It will run low 11s easily based on the power picked up on the dyno after what it ran at the track last weekend. Tommy told everybody he was running a 150-shot because he thought he was. If gaining 80-ish rwhp equals a 150-shot then I guess he is running a 300-shot now lol.

Jeff

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Millertheretard.jpg

So you are talking about where they go from 30% throttle to WOT and it flashes the converter? How is that a problem?

Why don't you bring the Formula out of hibernation to get walked by a Big-ass SUV :)

Walked? My Formula went faster (and trapped a lot higher) than this TBSS has ever went, on its old setup. I hope to have time to put the car back together once we move into our new house...other, more important things have come along the past year and a half that haven't allowed me to touch it. The parts are there to get her back on the road. :)

Oddly in your equation, traction somehow doesn't come into play with extra HP. Or that fact that it is FAR harder to go from 12.0 to 11.0 than to go from 13.0 to 12.0. And just because you haven't heard of a faster TBSS in the area doesn't mean there isn't one, and doesn't mean there isn't one willing to race at the drop of a hat.

Oddly in your equation, traction somehow doesn't come into play with extra HP. Or that fact that it is FAR harder to go from 12.0 to 11.0 than to go from 13.0 to 12.0.

Since I have seen it make full passes (And hook-up) in front of the shop on the same slicks he races on at the track I am pretty sure traction won't be an issue. I would only hope that Trails or Kilkare is better prepped than Harmon Ave lol. Tommy has been the "Wheel-man" while Eric is tuning for too many 600 / 700 / 900 / 1000 / 1100 HP cars to count so I think he knows how to drive just a little bit :)

The thread title was obviously Eric being sarcastic. I honestly could care less if there are 50 faster TBSS' in Columbus. I only responded because somebody said there were for sure and if so I would put money on that race all day long. Where are they at?

Jeff

Walked? My Formula went faster (and trapped a lot higher) than this TBSS has ever went, on its old setup.

I will put money on that race if/when you ever put it back together -- assuming Tommy still owns the TBSS then :)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Millertheretard.jpg

So you are talking about where they go from 30% throttle to WOT and it flashes the converter? How is that a problem?

You're a problem

:)

I will put money on that race if/when you ever put it back together -- assuming Tommy still owns the TBSS then :)

How about myself and Tommy, when I put some tires on the old pig. The two of us have known each other long enough and I think it would be a little bit of fun for the both of us. I'm thinking next Friday at Trails would work. Hell, I'll just call Tommy and see what he thinks.

How about myself and Tommy, when I put some tires on the old pig. The two of us have known each other long enough and I think it would be a little bit of fun for the both of us. I'm thinking next Friday at Trails would work. Hell, I'll just call Tommy and see what he thinks.

It depends how much we are betting. If its enough I just might let him take a day off and toss in a 427 :)

Jeff