Fastest Trailblazer in C-Bus

EricZ06

Tommy has made about 37 passes so far this year in his TBSS. Its a built auto. Its consistent as hell. Running 11.80s with only 80ish HP from the spray as opposed to the 130ish HP he has now will drop that to low 11s all day. The 80hp addition from the spray took it from 13.0s to 11.80s for reference last weekend.

I didn't think it took a rocket-scientist to conclude that you would need to run high 10s to beat something running low 11s lol. I guess I was wrong...

Jeff

PS -- Even if it runs 12.0's I have yet to be told about a faster one that would like to show up and race tonight / tomorrow night / Friday night / this weekend? Why don't you bring the Formula out of hibernation to get walked by a Big-ass SUV :)

With all do respect?!?!?!?!?! Even you cannot think that 80hp will drop over a sec at the track. Other things had to have happened.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
With all do respect?!?!?!?!?! Even you cannot think that 80hp will drop over a sec at the track. Other things had to have happened.

yes it will....a 60 dry shot on my teg the car went from 15.50 to a 14.00 car.

that car could have broke 13's, but the clutch was the issue :o

and heat sink is a bitch with ls motor's. thats why the love the spray. has a cooling effect on the intake charge, hence meaning more power

but uping the shot higher and higher, wont net much. over its best. my old motor went high 10's on a 180 shot. from a mid 12 on motor. when you start to up the shot is when traction is a bitch! john evans orange car would run 8.60's all day on the plate, and all it would do on the fogger is shake the tires loose.backhalfed on a 14" slick. and like i told you, if your running low 11's on motor, then you should be close to 9's on spray. but you have to put it to the ground first, to get there! you never did bring me your carb :p

It depends how much we are betting. If its enough I just might let him take a day off and toss in a 427 :)

Jeff

I was thinking more for fun, but putting a 427 in would be interesting. I could see him doing it in a day at the shop.

I'll post the video whenever we have a spare minute to pull it off the camera. So yes, even I can think it dropped over a second at the track because I watched it do so.

Since I am not sure if you could have used any more "!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" I will accept an apology after you watch it :)

Jeff

whatever... peanuts car went 12.60 without nitrous. i was there and watched it.. so it went 11.88 with a 150 shot.... he admits it was a 150 shot, the fact is the truck wasnt tuned before he went out on the track on the 150 he got back to the shop tuned it some more picked up like another 60 whp or so and now is ready to go back...

He got kicked out of Kilkare after the first pass so I guess we will have to put a 10-pt in a SUV lol.

Jeff

Why would you have to put a 10-point cage in? It isn't going faster than 10's or over 135MPH.

5-point rollbar at most would be required.

Since I have seen it make full passes (And hook-up) in front of the shop on the same slicks he races on at the track I am pretty sure traction won't be an issue. I would only hope that Trails or Kilkare is better prepped than Harmon Ave lol. Tommy has been the "Wheel-man" while Eric is tuning for too many 600 / 700 / 900 / 1000 / 1100 HP cars to count so I think he knows how to drive just a little bit :)

The thread title was obviously Eric being sarcastic. I honestly could care less if there are 50 faster TBSS' in Columbus. I only responded because somebody said there were for sure and if so I would put money on that race all day long. Where are they at?

Jeff

That time is on slicks? I'm glad there is sarcasm in this post 'cause that truck is slow and it won't go 11 oohs with a 130. Call us back when he can run low 11's on radials. Also how much does it weigh?

I'll post the video whenever we have a spare minute to pull it off the camera. So yes, even I can think it dropped over a second at the track because I watched it do so.

Since I am not sure if you could have used any more "!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" I will accept an apology after you watch it :)

Jeff

after re-reading it that did come off cock like you got an apology.

That time is on slicks? I'm glad there is sarcasm in this post 'cause that truck is slow and it won't go 11 oohs with a 130. Call us back when he can run low 11's on radials. Also how much does it weigh?

Who is running low 11's on radials? When you say radials I assume drag radials, but I don't know. Who is us? If you are talking about your lightning, then that wasn't what was originally stated. He said who has a faster TBSS, not who has a faster brick to go down the track :)

no I wasnt allowed to make any full passes after the first one.... my first pass was a 9.70 at 143 with a 1.66 60ft and the cars 1/8th mile was a 6.39. my second pass i went only 1/8th mile and then dumped it but it was a 6.10 in the eight with a 1.51 60ft. I think it wouldve hit maybe 9.50 or even 9.40... its still on 33lbs its tuned on 38 but before I didnt think the clutch would hold it..lol