Opinions/input needed

kizzzzle

I put my car up for sale on craigslist the other day and a woman offered me her 04' GMC Envoy XUV (Black) with 110k. My car is an 01' with 60k. The woman wanted to straight trade vehicles and I said no just because she had "a lot" of miles compared to my car. I really have no use for a huge SUV with terrible gas mileage but I am going to be moving soon which it obviously would help with. My plan would be to just drive it for like 6 months then sell or trade it in. My question is, A) Do you think it would be a worth investment if I could get a trade plus cash deal? and B) how much should I ask?

Clearly she is having trouble selling it now, I think they are going to be even harder to sell in the future. I would not think you will get much money for the SUV after you drive it a while. You will most likely trade it in at a dealer and they will give even less.

Depending on the trimlevel of the XUV The value is anywhere from 4-8k that is wholesale. Just looked it up in the blackbook, and that includes mileage deduction. Keep in mind that doesnt mean you would make money on top of that 4-8k. Just thought I would throw those values at you, and yes the Envoy/Trailblazers are the worst midsize SUV for gas mileage.

I put my car up for sale on craigslist the other day and a woman offered me her 04' GMC Envoy XUV (Black) with 110k. My car is an 01' with 60k. The woman wanted to straight trade vehicles and I said no just because she had "a lot" of miles compared to my car. I really have no use for a huge SUV with terrible gas mileage but I am going to be moving soon which it obviously would help with. My plan would be to just drive it for like 6 months then sell or trade it in. My question is, A) Do you think it would be a worth investment if I could get a trade plus cash deal? and B) how much should I ask?

I would say no because trucks are not selling well at all. Think about the economy and how people are wanting cars that get better mileage. Would be a steal for her....especially since your car has 60K!!!!