CCW guys - my car = my property?

evan9381

This is why I like Utah more and more. We just passed law stating that weapons can be concealed in your car in your employers parking lot and they can't do shit to you about it. Though, in reality, Utah generally doesn't have a problem with gun rights anyhow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I like Utah more and more. We just passed law stating that weapons can be concealed in your car in your employers parking lot and they can't do shit to you about it. Though, in reality, Utah generally doesn't have a problem with gun rights anyhow.

You know, after 5 years of you being on this site, I just now noticed that there's 2 people standing in the back of your truck in your sig.

odd.

My company does not allow guns IN the building, but my assumption was anything in my car in the parking lot was far game. Ammo itself is not against the law to have, so I am not sure why this was an issue for you. Had it been a .38 in your cupholder I could see the concern, but some loose rounds....makes no sense to me.

Loose rounds are not weapons.

Ok, I guess I need to be more specific :rolleyes:. Your employer can prohibit weapons, ammunition, ordnance, etc... I should also say, ammunition can be considered a weapon under the right circumstances.

Yeah, the restaurant carry is stupid. You shouldn't be able to carry in a bar, but a Red Robin or O'Charley's, it just seems a little rediculous.

I thought you were allowed to carry in a restaurant as long as they didn't serve alcohol, Red Robin Okay, O'Charleys not okay. Correct me if I am wrong

Red Robin has alcohol. They have a bar on the right side at Easton.

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/RedRobinMenu.jpg

Just pointing out somthing so that someone here does not get their ass thrown in jail. Polaris has alcohol too.

then i cant protect myself between my front door on my way to work

either you pissed someone off really badly and are paranoid at getting whacked or you are looking for an arguement.

My best advice is to do what it takes NOT to get fired.

ammunition can be considered a weapon under the right circumstances.

A baseball bat can be a weapon under the right circumstances, too. So can a wrench, a tire iron, etc...

A baseball bat can be a weapon under the right circumstances, too. So can a wrench, a tire iron, etc...

Yes, but they were not designed for that purpose.

I thought you were allowed to carry in a restaurant as long as they didn't serve alcohol, Red Robin Okay, O'Charleys not okay. Correct me if I am wrong

Red Robin is a full service bar here on Polaris.

haha, i brought a 50.cal round my grandfather gave me from WWII to show my friends and i got called down to the principals office. i was in 3rd grade, i didnt know any better.

I had a similar experience in grade school. I was in 1st grade and brought a older round and was suspended for 5 days.

Evan, it isnt worth it man. They will fuck you over big time. There are a few people on this board that have been fucked over/fired for no reason. I wouldnt even bother especially if someone named Stacy is involved.

State law > federal law in that case

So beating it on appeal ten years down the line is acceptable to you? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but if you violate either set of laws, you will go to prison. Whether you beat it on appeal is an open question.

In the meantime, the debate over State's Rights hasn't even BEGUN to enter the courts in earnest, so DO NOT give legal advice based on it. If you know your employer doesn't allow weapons on the property, leave it at home.

So beating it on appeal ten years down the line is acceptable to you? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but if you violate either set of laws, you will go to prison. Whether you beat it on appeal is an open question.

In the meantime, the debate over State's Rights hasn't even BEGUN to enter the courts in earnest, so DO NOT give legal advice based on it. If you know your employer doesn't allow weapons on the property, leave it at home.

Did you read the ruling? Do you know what I'm giving legal advice based on? Do you even know what you're arguing?

Now that I've picked up a good quality holster for my HK USPC I've been carrying just about everywhere. My boss said he doesn't want me to bring my gun into work, he never said anything about in my car. So I just leave it there and don't say anything about it or try to push the issue. I figured that I'm not bringing it "in" to work. Plus I never signed any sort of policy for handguns when I was hired.

Now that I've picked up a good quality holster for my HK USPC I've been carrying just about everywhere. My boss said he doesn't want me to bring my gun into work, he never said anything about in my car. So I just leave it there and don't say anything about it or try to push the issue. I figured that I'm not bringing it "in" to work. Plus I never signed any sort of policy for handguns when I was hired.

What holster?

What holster?

I got a Galco IWB Summer Comfort. I didn't want to wait on the back order and shipping for a custom or ordering a holster online. Buckeye outdoor had it in stock. It's pretty comfy, hardly can tell it's there. It's for my USPc .40, and the great thing is it fits my FNP9 perfectly as well. I figured it might since they are about the same in width just the trigger guards are different. So I can use either gun to carry now, 16+1 9mm or 12+1 .40.

Good choice! I love my summer comfort for my SA .40XD. Wait till it breaks in, it will get more comfortable. My only beef, and it's a "for the better" type of beef, is, I find it stupidly hard to remove the gun. As in, I have to hold the belt with one hand and pull the gun with the other. Bad if I need it in a hurry, good for the retention factor though.

Good choice! I love my summer comfort for my SA .40XD. Wait till it breaks in, it will get more comfortable. My only beef, and it's a "for the better" type of beef, is, I find it stupidly hard to remove the gun. As in, I have to hold the belt with one hand and pull the gun with the other. Bad if I need it in a hurry, good for the retention factor though.

What belt?