To all the 2 valve mustang gt haters.

jeffro

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really inst "a lot" of mods just basic cheap shit the motor has never been cracked open, leave the damn kid alone who cares what stock fbody runs. Not everyone wants some shitty z28 that sounds like dick with any aftermarket exhaust. The kid is 18 and has a lot nicer car than most people had at 18 Im sure. He has a clean car that runs a decent time that he is proud of. IMO comments like "dude thats twice the time jamies supra runs in the 1/4 get a real car" are just about as cool as shitting up a for sale add.

There's something to be said about a car that won't fall on it's face after 5500rpms LOL. I'll agree with the GTO part, it's fun to whoop up on those whales with how much power they make....however I bet he was running you down by the end of the 1/4, you got no top end...so stay on the track, and don't go on the highway.

You're going to disagree? I'm just trying to save the kid from getting in over his head and getting embarassed. I'll admit it's a decent 1/4 time for what it is...but if you do a roll on the highway with a stock LS1 he will get embarassed. Please tell me I'm wrong.

5.0 cars with exhaust gears and good shoes clock off 12.9 12.8 12.7s all day long and damn that was back in 1987 what were camaros doing then besides sitting outside ratt concerts?

I'm talking about LS1's you illiterate fuck. I raced a H/I/C/Spray 92 notch for 3 years. I know what a fox body is capable of...they are 60 foot monsters. I'm saying if he takes his car out on the street and tries to race that same 6.0L GTO on the highway he's going to get his ass busted.

You're going to disagree? I'm just trying to save the kid from getting in over his head and getting embarassed. I'll admit it's a decent 1/4 time for what it is...but if you do a roll on the highway with a stock LS1 he will get embarassed. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Not going to disagree. I think comparing his 2V GT to an LS1 would be the same as comparing a firebird or z28 to a LS6 Vette or 03/04 Cobra.

The purpose of his post is to share his results. Not to compare a 2V mustang to LS1.

For the record I have 4 mustangs and a 02 ZO6. :)

Not going to disagree. I think comparing his 2V GT to an LS1 would be the same as comparing a firebird or z28 to a LS6 Vette or 03/04 Cobra.

The purpose of his post is to share his results. Not to compare a 2V mustang to LS1.

For the record I have 4 mustangs and a 02 ZO6. :)

You can compare my LS1 to an 03/04 Cobra or an LS6 if you'd like...I like my odds lol. And for the record, my next project car will be another notch. This time I'm getting a built short block tho :) That or I'm buying a C5 or C6...can't decide lol.

You can compare my LS1 to an 03/04 Cobra or an LS6 if you'd like...I like my odds lol. And for the record, my next project car will be another notch. This time I'm getting a built short block tho :) That or I'm buying a C5 or C6...can't decide lol.

Well if that is the case we can compare my 88gt with all the above. :) I am still running my original 100k motor. I upgraded to 60 lb injectors, maf extender, and anderson pusher pump. At 16 psi it is making over 600 rwhp and 660 tq. One hell of a ride in 3rd and 4th gear. Sure hope it stays together here in a couple weeks. :)

Edelbrock Heads

Holley System Intake

Stock Cam with 1.7 RR's

Dr Gas X pipe with race magnum bullets.

Good Times Good Times

You're :marc:

There's something to be said about a car that won't fall on it's face after 5500rpms LOL. I'll agree with the GTO part, it's fun to whoop up on those whales with how much power they make....however I bet he was running you down by the end of the 1/4, you got no top end...so stay on the track, and don't go on the highway.

My whale of a GTO used to whoop up on fbodies at the track all the time, with just bolt ons no headers. I think the ones running Thursday we're faster the most of the z's and ta's running.

I really thought ls1 and mustangs were alot faster, I dont know much about them but I always for some reason thought they were fast out the box. My bone stock 2.6 liter inline six went 12.1 with a shitty 60 and it was made in 1995-96. I can see why the big turbo inline 6's put a hurting alot of things.

I have never seen a stock LS1 fbody trap 109.

Me either...usually 106 or so.

Mine trapped 108+ with a lid and cat back though. Does not take much to wake them up.

Good times though Jeffro. I would love to pull a 1.88 60' in mine. Best I could do on bald nittos was 2.03.

I really thought ls1 and mustangs were alot faster, I dont know much about them but I always for some reason thought they were fast out the box. My bone stock 2.6 liter inline six went 12.1 with a shitty 60 and it was made in 1995-96. I can see why the big turbo inline 6's put a hurting alot of things.

What car was this in? A supra?

I'm talking about LS1's you illiterate fuck. I raced a H/I/C/Spray 92 notch for 3 years. I know what a fox body is capable of...they are 60 foot monsters. I'm saying if he takes his car out on the street and tries to race that same 6.0L GTO on the highway he's going to get his ass busted.

How about you compare your ls1 to my top-endless 5.0?

i find it hard to believe that any 4 banger from 1995 ran 12.1 bone stock

It didn't...you're right.

But you didn't read his post. His bone stock inline SIX cylinder turbo engine from a 1995 car, that he swapped into a nissan 240sx went low 12's...at least thats how I read it and knowing that he used to have a 240