UFC 98 Predictions

wagner

An ok looking card the two big fights could be kind of wild.

Evans vs Machida:

If Evans can catch him with those heavy hands of his it could be over quick. Not sure what kind of chin Machida has so that could be the X factor.

If Evans can't catch him he could be in for a very long night. Machida is very tactical and can knock you out or submit you.

Wagner prediction: Machida in an ugly win

Matt Hughes Vs. Matt Serra:

These guys HATE each other so it could turn into a street fight. Both of them are kind of broken down and past their prime but that is what might make it a fair fight.

Wagner Prediction: Hughes channels his inner hillbilly for the win

Any other fight fans what do you think?

I like both Evans and Machida. I hope this is a lot better fight than the Anderson Silva fight last month..

It should be interesting to say the least. I don't think it will be as bad but Machida likes to be chased and will counter. If you are looking for a stand in the center and trade punches this won't be it.

Machida will try to take this to the ground since Evans has shown zero as far as his skill on the ground against a quality opponent. I think he got lucky against Forest and was saved by his heavy hands.

Look for LOTS of leg kicks and maybe some of those double kicks of his. The scary thing is how close Evans and Silva fighting styles are.

Evans-Hughes.

The Machida-Evans fight will most likely be a yawn match with Evans pulling out a decision but I think Hughes will get Serra down and pound the crap out of him winning by TKO.

I used to be a Evans fan but not so anymore. I really want him to win as I want to see Rampage knock him out!!

I also think Sherk will take out Edgar.

McFredries fight I think will be the fight of the night with a KO.

Dan Miller over Sonnen

Does anyone else really care about the other fights??

Bring on UFC 100!!!

Man no love for the Dragon lol.

I really don't like Evans and don't care who beats his ass. Fuckin he said he wanted to fight Lesnar at some point!

If Evans wins it will be close and his flaws will be exposed. I don't think it will be a huge snore fest if you look at Machida's other fights he can lay it down when needed.

sitting at B-dubs. i only recall like 4 occasions where Evans connected with anyhting, a knee kick, kick to the body and 2 short right hooks countering Laota's counter.

Machida is going to eat up rampage, you know this. too many people are still underrating his power, he knocked a dude out that had not been knocked down by strikes before!

I know I haven't posted on here in a while but that knock out by Machida was nasty... Evans got hit with some nasty blows. Michida is sick, just plain sick.

It still amazes me what these guys get paid just for one fight.....

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Lyoto Machida $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus) def. Rashad Evans $200,000 (win bonus would have been $175,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Matt Hughes $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Matt Serra $75,000 (win bonus would have been $75,000)

– Drew McFedries $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus) def. Xavier Foupa-Pokam $6,000 (win bonus would have been $6,000)

– Chael Sonnen $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Dan Miller $15,000 (win bonus would have been $15,000)

– Frank Edgar $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Sean Sherk $40,000 (win bonus would have been $40,000)