my boy having fun

xlr8tn

I posted a month or two ago about getting this for him. He rides the shit out of this thing. He came to me last week with a flag we got at monster jam back in Feb. or whenever it was here earlier in the year. He wanted it mounted to his 4 wheeler. 10 minutes of my time and a quick education for him on the many uses of duct tape and he has a grave digger flag now. :D

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=333&pictureid=2351

that's awesome... i got my kid a 125 pit bke... he barely ever rides it.

i'm glad your boy appreciates what he has. when i was little i begged to have anything motorized and never got shit. my parents couldn't afford it.

tell him to give it some hell for me!

he rides that thing for hours a day. I have a trail around the yard that he has to stay on so the damage to the yard is limited. He does a pretty good job on it too. Very mature rider for his age. He watches for his sister really well and comes to a stop when she's around and things like that. I want to run him down a go kart at some point. I'd like to get him into racing karts. I was talking to my wife the other day and I do believe the younger you start them driving/riding stuff the better drivers they'll be as they get older. If he keeps after it by the time he turns 16 he'll have 13 years of riding under his belt. He started on an electric at 3 and moved to the gas this year at 5.

yup definately best to start young

i'm also lookin at racing carts.... there's a track here in C-ville, talked to some guys there and a used 100CC can kart can be run by both me and the kid(resticted for him). about 2kish for a decent used kart and some spares. BUT since my kid is 10 and lives only for XBOX..... he's not getting shit from me. i have logged more hours on his bike in the parking lot of the apartment place this week, than he has in a year. i get pissy when i see it chillin in the corner of my garage and he never asked to go ride it. IF only i coulda had one 20 years ago.....

Great picture, it's a blast to watch them ride at that age. We just picked this up for our son a couple of weeks ago; can't keep him off of it:

http://www.photodump.org/stored28/JordiesQuadMaster50.JPG

yup definately best to start young

i'm also lookin at racing carts.... there's a track here in C-ville, talked to some guys there and a used 100CC can kart can be run by both me and the kid(resticted for him). about 2kish for a decent used kart and some spares. BUT since my kid is 10 and lives only for XBOX..... he's not getting shit from me. i have logged more hours on his bike in the parking lot of the apartment place this week, than he has in a year. i get pissy when i see it chillin in the corner of my garage and he never asked to go ride it. IF only i coulda had one 20 years ago.....

my boy started asking for a nintendo ds recently because the kids at school have them. I'm really hesitant to get it for him but what can you do? I still remember what it was like to want what the other kids were into. He has a b-day next month and we'll most likely get it for him then. I'm going to really limit how much he plays it though. It's a tough deal. I would imagine at some point it'll click with your boy and he'll be all over that bike. I'm like you.... I never had that stuff growing up. We had a mini-bike when I was real young but never had anything once I was old enough to ride.

I've passed by that track out there a few times. At some point I'll have a shifter kart out on that thing. :D

Great picture, it's a blast to watch them ride at that age. We just picked this up for our son a couple of weeks ago; can't keep him off of it:

http://www.photodump.org/stored28/JordiesQuadMaster50.JPG

that's a cool picture. It's fun watching them ride huh? I enjoy watching him ride almost as much as he enjoys riding it. I looked around for a suzuki or honda when we bought his but they were just too much scratch for no longer than he's gonna be riding that size. Just for reference I got this 110cc brand new for $485. I can buy several of those for the price of 1 name brand. The only real downfall to it is the tire size. His ground clearance sucks. Other than that it's perfect for him. He's still not legal to ride on public land for another month but once he gets legal I'm taking him down to Wayne and let him ride down there some.

that's a cool picture. It's fun watching them ride huh? I enjoy watching him ride almost as much as he enjoys riding it. I looked around for a suzuki or honda when we bought his but they were just too much scratch for no longer than he's gonna be riding that size. Just for reference I got this 110cc brand new for $485. I can buy several of those for the price of 1 name brand. The only real downfall to it is the tire size. His ground clearance sucks. Other than that it's perfect for him. He's still not legal to ride on public land for another month but once he gets legal I'm taking him down to Wayne and let him ride down there some.

I agree on the pricing of the name brands; I was about to do the same with a 90 cc from a local chinese importer when I found the little 50cc Suzuki on Craigslist. The nice thing about the name brands is if you buy them right, you can typically get nearly all of your money back once the kid is ready to move up to something bigger. It's hard to justify buying a new namebrand when the depreciation will be more than you can buy one of the chinese imports for.

My boy now has this, a go-cart and a KTM 50 mini-adventure. He's taken little interest in the KTM after wiping out on it a couple of times.

I'm fortunate to have a friends farm about 5 minutes from me that we can take him to ride at. He even built a small oval track for the kids to ride on.

well, tomorrow is lesson time. I have to tell him every evening to put it away before we go inside. Tonight I didn't tell him and he left it and his bike in the back yard. I hid them in the woods. :D I'll give them back to him in a day or two but I want to teach him a lesson and show him why I have him put them up every night.

Karma being what it is I'll probably go out tomorrow and my car will be gone. :D

yeah....I'm a dick. :D The lesson has to be learned. He has a bad habit of not putting stuff away and me or my wife have to go behind him and put his toys up or constantly keep reminding him. Hopefully this will convince him why they have to be put away and locked up at night. I'll get video of the "discovery" too when I decide to give it back to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZt82I0VbHk

I gave it back to him....he was excited to say the least. He moped around here all day and this evening he went out and put all the toys away without being told. I figure he'll stumble across these videos someday...probably the day he's trying to decide whether or not to pull the plug on me. :D I'll make that decision easy. I recorded these on our regular digital camera..that's why the quality sucks but you get the idea. He would've known something was up if I took the camcorder out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJTYYBJDA0