DTM Brian

130,000 miles on the shortblock. :)

Stock 98 Heads

Stock 98 Intake

Stock 98 Air Box

MS3 Cam with supporting Valve Springs, Retainers, Locks, and Pushrods

Mild Steel Long Tube Headers

SLP Loud Mouth Catback

Tuned with 89 Octane (Not sure why. It is what it is)

Speed Density Tune followed by a Maf Tune. :)

Car is coming back in two weeks with an LS6 Intake, Larger TB and Lid. 94 Octane

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/David%20Jones.jpg

not bad numbers. little low on the torque end. what gears are in the rear?

4.10's

I agree on the torque. My guess is the conservative timing and a restrictive air intake setup is holding it back. Stay Tuned for the updated tune with the changes mentioned above.

4.10's

I agree on the torque. My guess is the conservative timing and a restrictive air intake setup is holding it back. Stay Tuned for the updated tune with the changes mentioned above.

Something is starving that motor. It should make over 400rwhp with that big cam. Wanna see what it does with above mods mentioned. Nice a/f line. :cool:

Something is starving that motor. It should make over 400rwhp with that big cam. Wanna see what it does with above mods mentioned. Nice a/f line. :cool:

The map sensor showed 92 kpa by the end of the run. So I agree with you Mr. Sam that the motor is starving for air. Hopefully the new intake setup wakes it up along with some more timing with 94 octane.

I don't get it... Why would put forth the time, money, and (your) effort to get it tuned before doing the simple basic mods?

For that matter, why not just do it all at the same time? Compared to the cam and springs, everything else should be relatively simple. Seems like a lid is one of the first things F-body owners buy.

The map sensor showed 92 kpa by the end of the run. So I agree with you Mr. Sam that the motor is starving for air. Hopefully the new intake setup wakes it up along with some more timing with 94 octane.

Will prolly pick up 10-15 more rwhp with a good intake like you mentioned. Keep us posted..

wow that is seems like nice mubers for jsut a cam

anyone know how safe this cam is to run with stock heads etc?

If I remeber correctly....fly cutting is not necessary with the MS3, but you need to check the piston to valve clearance (you always should with a cam swap anyways.) With the MS4, it is necessary I believe, but to be 100% sure just call Texas Speed and they can tell you.

On a second note, I think to many people over look the value a set of good flowing heads have. While yes, they are not the cheapest product to buy there are many affordable ones out there. Swapping them on a LS motor, is really not all that difficult and in return, you will greatly increase hp and tq numbers all the while imporving the effiency of the engine. At the same time, you will be utilizing the full potential of the increase lift and duration that the cam offers. Even a set of 243's, with mild porting will have great benefits. Just my $.02....

If I remeber correctly....fly cutting is not necessary with the MS3, but you need to check the piston to valve clearance (you always should with a cam swap anyways.) With the MS4, it is necessary I believe, but to be 100% sure just call Texas Speed and they can tell you.

On a second note, I think to many people over look the value a set of good flowing heads have. While yes, they are not the cheapest product to buy there are many affordable ones out there. Swapping them on a LS motor, is really not all that difficult and in return, you will greatly increase hp and tq numbers all the while imporving the effiency of the engine. At the same time, you will be utilizing the full potential of the increase lift and duration that the cam offers. Even a set of 243's, with mild porting will have great benefits. Just my $.02....

You're right. The MS3 fits with no issues.

I agree with you 100% about the heads, especially with a cam that big. Those MS3's put down crazy top end numbers when you let em breathe.

I ran this cam in my car when it made 441 rwhp and 415 tq. It is safe to run with stock heads/pistons, that is why this cam went into my car.

Nice work Brian, that car should pick up another 20-30rwhp with the new mods he has planed. Great cam selection on a stock bottom end car, if I had to do it all over again I would still use that same cam.