2010 Camaro goes 12.5s with just a CAI

Linn1647545492

Linn,

Is this the L99 or LS3?

I thought the SS had the 430 hp LS3 motor and the RS had the 400 hp L99 motor.

I have a L99 RS coming in next month for a blower and a tune. :)

The RS is just an add-on package. I think the LS3 comes with a manual, and the L99 is matched with the 6-spd automatic

I think that is right aswell. L99 = auto Ls3 = M6

Yup.

Differences w/ LS3 Engine

* L99 used in automatic version SS models. LS3 is used in manual version SS models.

* L99 produces 400hp/395lb-ft tq compared to LS3's 422hp/408lb-ft tq.

* L99 camshaft is different -- having a little less duration and a little less lift, both of which give the engine a smoother idle.

* L99 has a cam phaser and, to get the additional piston-to-valve clearance required when cam phasing changes, the pistons are different parts having valve reliefs machined into their tops. The reliefs lower the compression ratio to 10.4:1.

* L99 PCV system is different having its oil separators in the valve covers rather than down in the valley like the LS3.

Why not buy a 15 year old F-body and spend the rest on mods and run 9's??

That's not a smart argument.

Well the Z06 will run 12.4 and lets face it... its a Z06. Plus its a better hot lap track car than a F-body... ask Danny Pop, Im sure he'll tell you ;)

Cool, and the GTs are still running 13.5 @104.... fuck I hate Ford...

6.2L coming soon my friend....bet on it. Ford is not going to let the SHO out horse the Mustang for long. :)

We are ordering a 6.2L Raptor for a client. This option should be available late summer. My guess is that we see 2011 Mustangs have this engine.

Well the Z06 will run 12.4 and lets face it... its a Z06. Plus its a better hot lap track car than a F-body... ask Danny Pop, Im sure he'll tell you ;)

Different prep, different weather and a different driver will all affect the 1/4 time there friend....

and as far as the aruguement that it's a Z06, that's a pretty weak one. For starters, the interior in the fifth gen is far superior to the vette, the LS3 is far superior to the LS6, the trans in the new camaro is 10x better than any previous six speed that GM has put in any of their productions cars, excpet for the ZR1 (because it is relitavelty the same). As far as handling, ride quality and feel, the camaro is far superior.

Plus, who gives a shit about .2? Honestly. The new camaro is quite amazing.