Now that I sold the dyno I need to find a professional tuner to tune my sn95?

Guest RoundIIRacing

Guest RoundIIRacing

I no longer have my dyno,and I switched up to stricktly welding in my shop.I need someone to re-tune my stang in the very near future!I just picke dup my coated JE pistons today and dropped them off at the machine shop,engine will be done in a coule weeks!

The car made 680/710 on 10lbs. 13 total degrees timing on pump gas before!I since then went 10 thousanths+ on the pistons,changed camshafts to a BULLITT custom grind,had the compresser bored out on the turbo,and switched from a tko600, to a T.C.I. 700 with ATI 8" 4500 stall!

I have AEM engine management.I am looking for somewhere that I can drop the car of(completely ready) to be tuned!This engine will need some break in time!I would like to get a tune on race gas ,and as high boost as possible.I'm hoping to achieve 1000h.p.!

I need help finding a good tuner in ohio or surrounding states,if anyone has some insight on this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Brian(Turner),if this is a job that you can handle,you would get the job first!

Here is the car!I only had it at the track once last year.I had the 2-step set way to low,I think it killed/jump started itself of the line,2.6 60f.t 11.21et @141 mph!

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/shawn_devoll/stangleft.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/shawn_devoll/stangrear.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/shawn_devoll/stangenginebay.jpg

Guest RoundIIRacing
Yeah Brian and Howard have been real good to me in the past,I'm just not sure if he has the time for this,I havn't talked to him in a while!A couple friends of mine say to try Evans tunning in PA.,or BIGSHOT DYNO up north somewhere,I dont personally know either place.

Guest Removed
Shawn, just go to Brian. The dude knows what he's doing and is local. Hell, I'll even make the trip up with you to keep you company. ;)

that might keep him from going :p

shawn..just call brian :D

Just to throw out another option -- I have 4 Certified AEM EMS tuners at the shop and typically I have two of them tuning each car to ensure that it comes out beyond perfect. Just had a customer show up from Detroit on Monday for an EMS Tune (76mm Turbo car) and another that drove down from north of Toronto that is getting tuned this week. Here is a write-up from a customer that drove his car out from Kansas-City to have his EMS tuned 2 weeks ago:

http://www.3si.org/forum/f145/got-my-car-back-ips-wow-462072/

I would put us up against anybody in the Midwest in terms of experience and knowledge with the AEM. Hell, I have had one in my car that Brett has tuned since back in 2000 lol. Get in touch with me if you want to keep it local or just to get a quote :)

Jeff

Edited by Turbotrio

Shawn,

I would like to talk to you in more detail about your combination. I would also give Jeff a call at IPS and qet a quote. What is most important to me is that YOU get taken care of regardless of where you go.

Please give me a call. If I do not answer leave me a message. Extremely busy day tomorrow with LS1's and Hondata. I promise to call you when I get a break.

How big of an injector are you running? We have tuned as large as 160-lb in domestic (And import) applications with no problems but I was just curious as that size require a bit more time to get "Daily-driver" mode perfect.

Jeff

Guest Removed
Shawn,

Let me if I can make a trip to your shop during the week as you get closer to starting the car. :)

you make house calls..sweet. i should have this turbo car up and running very soon. hoping tomorrow! and not sure about this swicth chip he has in it :confused:. i got a new lighting maf, and 42's for it..plan on keeping the boost somewhat down, till it gets a stronger clutch in it. but so many changes, not sure how its going to act just yet...:o

you make house calls..sweet. i should have this turbo car up and running very soon. hoping tomorrow! and not sure about this swicth chip he has in it :confused:. i got a new lighting maf, and 42's for it..plan on keeping the boost somewhat down, till it gets a stronger clutch in it. but so many changes, not sure how its going to act just yet...:o

Shawn and Admins. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Rob,

Make sure the ignition key is off if you doing anything with the chip. Installing or removing the chip with the key on makes for a bad chip and eec. Unfortunately, these chips and ecms are not as durable as putting an old nintendo game into the nintendo with the power on. :)

Guest Removed

chip is in...but im not sure what it is setup for ?????

i have changed alot of stuff..maf, injectors, fixed all the turbo leaks and so on...and misfire issue's, the list goes on and on. this thing was a mess. motor is back in, but still have vacuum to redo, and wiring to reroute and so on..

sorry shawn...you know how the car talk goes...LOL get some cars guys in a room and all the women roll there eyes and complain..well not mine, but you know..lmao

brain, i owe you a steak still....when you want it? i saved a few good ones for you ;)

if a mod or admin feels me and brain are out of line, please move our portain to the tech section and we can continue...

Guest RoundIIRacing
No problem Rob,and Brian,talk away,lol!I appreciate all the input guys,as soon as I get it back together,it looks like I'll be able to get it tuned locally!I'm hopin I can make it to one of the track days this year.

My recommendation is Don or Rob Lasota

I am not sure how much they are doing now (Tuning / Service work). Rob has referred quite a few people to me in the past few months so you might want to touch base with them to confirm.

Jeff

Just to throw out another option -- I have 4 Certified AEM EMS tuners at the shop and typically I have two of them tuning each car to ensure that it comes out beyond perfect. Just had a customer show up from Detroit on Monday for an EMS Tune (76mm Turbo car) and another that drove down from north of Toronto that is getting tuned this week. Here is a write-up from a customer that drove his car out from Kansas-City to have his EMS tuned 2 weeks ago:

http://www.3si.org/forum/f145/got-my-car-back-ips-wow-462072/

I would put us up against anybody in the Midwest in terms of experience and knowledge with the AEM. Hell, I have had one in my car that Brett has tuned since back in 2000 lol. Get in touch with me if you want to keep it local or just to get a quote :)

Jeff

This will be my first EVER real post on CR. Lol. Most of you don't know me by name,who I am. or what I'm about. But most will in the near future. And it will be nice to meet all you guys (and gals). So don't start flaming me till you know me. Lol

Hi Shawn. This is Eric H. I have used your dyno in the past. The post above is one about a car a that I'm very familiar with ;). Ask Horman if you want a close reference.

To all, I wish good luck on your builds. And fast times at the track. I know I'm posting my intro in the wrong place BTW. Haha.

Guest RoundIIRacing
This will be my first EVER real post on CR. Lol. Most of you don't know me by name. But most will in the near future. And it will be nice to meet all you guys. So don't start flaming me till you know me. Lol

Hi Shawn. This is Eric H. I have used your dyno in the past. The post above is one about a car a that I did. Ask Horman if you want a close reference.

To all, I wish good luck on your builds. And fast times at the track. I know I'm posting my intro in the wrong place BTW. Haha.

Hey Eric,Welcome to the forums!You are without a doubt over qualafied to tune my stang,not taking anything away from Brian or anyone else on here!How have you been?Have things been good with Nate?PM me your,and Nates number,I've been anting to talk to you about a few things!