Anyone else see this?

DKilbourne

when the penalties for street racing are worse then drunk driving there is a problem. DUI is a FAR worse issue then street racing. I can see make the pen worse but forteiture of the car is obsurd.

when the penalties for street racing are worse then drunk driving there is a problem. DUI is a FAR worse issue then street racing. I can see make the pen worse but forteiture of the car is obsurd.

I did a report on this in English Class in high school.... Its been this way for a while out west.

Noone's forcing people to race on the street, so I don't see a huge issue here.

I DO agree that it's moronic that the penalty is higher for Street Racing than DUI. Impounding the car should be mandatory for DUI.

My biggest concern is that my cars could be mistaken for those of a FnF street racer. If a cop is having a bad day, he could just say I was street racing and my car would be impounded (and likely damaged) before I have a chance to defend myself.

then they need to the way the law read. if I take off from a light next to someone and they sqeal thier tires, thats street racing. the law is just too broad, (on purpose I am sure)

Guest tbutera2112

one more reason im considering making the mustang a track only car

i dont see this law passing though...theres too many variables in what is "street racing" and how can it be determined if it was racing or not

Drunk drivers have killed more people than street racers so I have to agree. If they took their cars too then this idea would make more sense.

Guest Removed

i think street racing and dui should be the same offense. same penalty's

lose you license for 5-10 years and watch your car get crushed, and of course word the laws correctly to where it has to be proven you are racing...not just hearsay.

Guest tbutera2112
i think street racing and dui should be the same offense. same penalty's

lose you license for 5-10 years and watch your car get crushed, and of course word the laws correctly to where it has to be proven you are racing...not just hearsay.

:confused:

Guest Removed
:confused:

I am looking at it like this. if you can build a car like that, then you can afford a couple of bucks to go to the track. and drive around on the street and enjoy cruise in's and what not. Look at it like this, street racing anymore is almost pointless. takes all night of BS to get a race even set up or going. for what ? Granted i love it. But to be honest im getting sick of the BS that comes with it. Just look at all the shit you seen last year on the west side with me....drunk fuckers kicking there own ass, and almost getting their skull cracked :cool: people getting butt hurt and pulling guns, and almost running people over and what not...the scene is no where close to what it was 5 or even 10 years ago. Cause of all these dumbass kids coming out thinking they are going to watch a race cause they seen it in a movie! Yeah i may still do it myself. but if your going to do the crime, you have to pay the penalty's that come with it.

Guest tbutera2112
I am looking at it like this. if you can build a car like that, then you can afford a couple of bucks to go to the track. and drive around on the street and enjoy cruise in's and what not. Look at it like this, street racing anymore is almost pointless. takes all night of BS to get a race even set up or going. for what ? Granted i love it. But to be honest im getting sick of the BS that comes with it. Just look at all the shit you seen last year on the west side with me....drunk fuckers kicking there own ass, and almost getting their skull cracked :cool: people getting butt hurt and pulling guns, and almost running people over and what not...the scene is no where close to what it was 5 or even 10 years ago. Cause of all these dumbass kids coming out thinking they are going to watch a race cause they seen it in a movie! Yeah i may still do it myself. but if your going to do the crime, you have to pay the penalty's that come with it.

glad you feel this way....because i agree with you....i just dont want to get mixed up in the shit storm once my car is done... theres too much time and money going into it lol...youre welcome to romp it at the track though, but if it breaks, its coming back to your shop! lol

shit...we went out that whole weekend until the sun came up pretty much and we only got 2 races in....it was fun to get out and see some shit, but i doubt ide be out all the time

thats why i always ride shotgun with people....i enjoy the thrill of street racing, but i dont want the responsibility haha

stop light shit is different though...sometimes ill play at stop lights...although, not often since my car was such a turd with the 2v

Guest Eye_of_the_Beholder

I think there needs to be some legislation regarding ANYONE going above posted speed limits...Street Racing, Drunk Asshole, High Schooler, Evading Police (for whatever reason)...and different levels of penalties for the areas in which the offense occurs. A highway/freeway excessive speed penalty should be different than, let's say, going 123mph in a residential area. I have been involved with racing, with my family, since birth and we were taught there is a time and place for racing...(Norwalk Raceway Park was the stomping grounds)...and trying to pull something off with the possibility of endangering family, friends or rivals, was seriously addressed, as in walking away quite sore and the knowledge that one or both eyes would be SHINING by daybreak. There was a huge surge in the popularity of Power/Performance Mods after 2001.

The American street-racing tradition dates back to the 1950s, and has long been a staple of Hollywood movies, including films such as “Rebel Without a Cause” (1955), “American Graffiti” (1973), and “Grease” (1978). But no movie did more to boost the popularity of street racing than the 2001 surprise hit, “The Fast and the Furious,” which grossed nearly $80 million in its first 10 days in theaters and includes spectacular racing scenes and daring stunts. Although the movie studio issued public service announcements that encouraged safe and legal driving, the film likely provided fresh inspiration to street racers.

Boys wanted to be Dom or Spilner and girls wanted the possibility of a connection to Letty or Mia, and the love story that this series of films actually turned out to be. Quite brilliant screenplay...a movie for romance or BROmance, it appeals to the spectrum of movie goers.

I support an initiative to re-eval the current penalties for excessive speed, and have an additional charge that could be attached in cases of extreme disregard for public safety. In Arizona, a few years back, our speed limit on the freeway was 75, and you could hit 82 before the police would even look twice, but was you started getting into the higher speeds, it evolved into a felony charge and after certain speeds (I think like 110) you are going to be SERIOUSLY be made an example of.

Common sense, and a certain degree of respect for others should be a motivating factor in how to conduct yourself appropriately in public. You are the master of your OWN demise, but there is no reason that an innocent citizen should be subjected to the by-products of your whimsey.

Anything worth doing, should be done right.