Does anyone on CR tune diesels?

Guest RoundIIRacing

Guest RoundIIRacing

I sold my caddy 2 weeks ago and bought a 2004 Chevrolet 2500hd duramax(lb7) with 97k on it,auto!I really like the truck,I guess you can say I'm gettin into the deisel craze!

In the first week I did the following mods:

5" MBRP Exhaust(turbo back)

K&N cold air\

Edge juiced with attitude(with hot unlock code activated)

The truck runs great,I think it'll beat any stock 5.0 mustang out there!I've heard that the edge box is somewhat conservative,and people have been "stacking" a EFI LIVE tune on them(?).I am also interested in buying an aftermarket turbo for it a.s.a.p,so if any of you guys who are vendors maybe you could throw somw figures my way!I am curious to see what it does on a dyno,stock they are 375/650 and this box alone is supposed to ad 150/440 wich should put me in the 525/1000 range!

Other than the engine mods I put a leveling kit on it,wheels,tint,and a little system in it!I pull a 20ft box trailer all across the east coast to mx races,but I want to be able to make it happen when the time is needed and I'm unhooked from the trailer;)!

http://http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/shawn_devoll/04duramax002.jpg

Guest Removed

PM brady!

screen name is Brady@PPC

and his AWD dyno will fit that wheel base! his will do up to 153" wheel base.. only 1 other dyno in ohio can fit something like that, and its not around these parts

Edited by Removed

Guest RoundIIRacing
I wouldn't use a K&N filter on anything.

Thats the only cold air jegs had in stock,and since I'm impatient,I bought it.It sucks more air wich is most important on a diesel,plus it whistles alot more:)!

Guest RoundIIRacing
Shawn, what happened to that big Ford that I saw the last time I was out there? :confused:

I sold the dually to Joe(msp) for his 20' box trailer and 4k!All that I have now is my duramax,and the stang ofcourse!

I sold my caddy 2 weeks ago and bought a 2004 Chevrolet 2500hd duramax(lb7) with 97k on it,auto!I really like the truck,I guess you can say I'm gettin into the deisel craze!

In the first week I did the following mods:

5" MBRP Exhaust(turbo back)

K&N cold air\

Edge juiced with attitude(with hot unlock code activated)

The truck runs great,I think it'll beat any stock 5.0 mustang out there!I've heard that the edge box is somewhat conservative,and people have been "stacking" a EFI LIVE tune on them(?).I am also interested in buying an aftermarket turbo for it a.s.a.p,so if any of you guys who are vendors maybe you could throw somw figures my way!I am curious to see what it does on a dyno,stock they are 375/650 and this box alone is supposed to ad 150/440 wich should put me in the 525/1000 range!

Other than the engine mods I put a leveling kit on it,wheels,tint,and a little system in it!I pull a 20ft box trailer all across the east coast to mx races,but I want to be able to make it happen when the time is needed and I'm unhooked from the trailer;)!

http://http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/shawn_devoll/04duramax002.jpg

Truck looks amazing!!!! Get on ohiocoalrollers.com there are alot of helpful guys on there that can steer you in the right direction.

PM brady!

screen name is Brady@PPC

and his AWD dyno will fit that wheel base! his will do up to 153" wheel base.. only 1 other dyno in ohio can fit something like that, and its not around these parts

Brady did my truck last year.... Great guys over there at PPC. Does he tune them as well as dyno?

Guest Removed
Brady did my truck last year.... Great guys over there at PPC. Does he tune them as well as dyno?

not totally sure..im thinking he does, but best bet is to talk to him on it..i know he was looking at expanding his line for the smoke makers

with so much r&d,why didn't acdelco make a cold air intake kit for the duramax,stock is obviously very restrictive!

Delco researches and manufacturers for mass production and durability, not complete performance.

Guest Removed
Delco researches and manufacturers for mass production and durability, not complete performance.

Delco and durability dont belong in the same sentence!

trust me i know. they let lots of things go into production that they knew would fail. plastic intake gaskets just for starters.