Hell City Tattoo Fest anyone?

sciongirl

I can't even remember how many years this has been going on in Columbus. Sadly, it always seems like I have something else going on that weekend. They have a lot of exhibits of work done and such. Also there will be pretty much every local artist and many big names there. Almost all of them will have booths where you can get work done that weekend or you can set up an appointment to come to the shop. It is a great way to find where the good shops and artist are.

I can't even remember how many years this has been going on in Columbus. Sadly, it always seems like I have something else going on that weekend. They have a lot of exhibits of work done and such. Also there will be pretty much every local artist and many big names there. Almost all of them will have booths where you can get work done that weekend or you can set up an appointment to come to the shop. It is a great way to find where the good shops and artist are.

yea i think im gonna go and see what its about :)

yea im just going to get some names and numbers for the future... i bet it will be $$$ to get something done there.

Not as much as you'd expect, but there are some quality artists there. Not a fan of picking flash art for a tattoo, always more interesting to have an artist create one for you.

oookay. so. i dont think it was worth $20 to get in but i did get to talk a lot to some local artist.

High Street Tattoo - the lady i talked to at the booth was really nice and informative. i showed her a picture of what i want and she told me everything i wanted to know, from the artist to pricing to colours and hours. she gave me some new ideas on what to do with it too..

Stained Skin's original palor, Second Skin (newark) - i really liked talking to them. they seemed like they were there coz they really enjoyed their job, not for money or a name. i got lots of ideas from them too and they were willing to work with me on some prices.

both places i really liked, but one is an hour away. there were some other places there like Stained Skin, Imperial Design, Sovereign something... but they werent really talkative and didnt care unless i was there to get a tattoo that day.

suicide girls were there, they were hot. sorry no pics.

anyway, i think im going to get my tattoo on the right side of my back. if you are cool enough to be on my myspace, it's in my album. basically its a big rose with a necklace wrapped around it.

That should be a good tattoo to get. What colors are you doing?

it's gonna be kinda bright. a yellow rose and a gold necklace... someone suggested to put a gray background behind it so it really stands out.. not sure if i want that or not...