my fuel pump died!

99crb600

Well i have a 2001 blazer xtreme and i was driving home today and it just decides to die! after narrowing everything down i figured out its the fuel pump and i was wondering if anyone here has any hook ups on parts(fuel pump) and if anyone has any tips in changing this thing! i have heard from some its hard and some it aint to bad, i would just like to know what im getting into here!:confused:

Guest Removed

i can hook you up one monday on a gm pump..i would not put a cheapo one in there..

and drop the tank from the bottom..its not so bad , after you have done a few.

Guest Removed

well thats why it went bad. running them low on fuel gets them hot, filling up with cold fuel from under ground shocks the pump. causing it to fail.....

pretty cheap really..compared to what they used to cost around 400 up!

326 or so....depends on make and model..shoot me a pm with with that info and i'll check around tomorrow for what i can, and then see what i can do monday

Edited by Removed

Guest Removed
why not? It can be done

very true, it can be. but would you really want your kid sitting in the back seat after that? i know i wouldnt. and yes DIY can do that stuff all day long. but when running a shop, they highly frown on stuff like that. and what, it take allof a hour or so to drop the tank out, replace it and have it back in.