M.O.V.E. against street racing

Guest Removed

Its not that street racing is okay, its that the time and money should go into more pressing issues.

i completely agree, but just complaining about it isn't gonna change anything. i believe the 'omnibus bill' and the 'stimulus bill' pretty much cemented that. the best we can do is try to get the attention off of us by promoting all the alternative means of racing we can.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boo hoo, sounds like some people are butthurt about the idea of more enforcement going towards laws that are already there. Street racing is illegal, people do get hurt by it because believe it or not, when you're deciding to race down the street Susan down the street driving her kids home from work don't know that you're going to decide to tear down the street and to keep out of your way. If you're going to race, go to the track.

Yes, DUI laws need to be put on stricter enforcement, but so does street racing as the current laws are not really doing much in terms of deterrence.

You want stricter laws on street racing? Really, that will sure help. Look people are going to do what people are going to do, that is that! You are right the victims are innocents most of the time. I am one of those that would rather take it to the track then be stuck in jail. Harsher penalties? Please! In some places the penalty for murder is the death sentence. Good thing noone kills anymore. This will not stop it.

Thanks for the link Rob. Good info there.

Guest Removed
You want stricter laws on street racing? Really, that will sure help. Look people are going to do what people are going to do, that is that! You are right the victims are innocents most of the time. I am one of those that would rather take it to the track then be stuck in jail. Harsher penalties? Please! In some places the penalty for murder is the death sentence. Good thing noone kills anymore. This will not stop it.

Thanks for the link Rob. Good info there.

when you dropping that car off?

Why would you pull over now if you KNOW they are going to take your car?

Best point in this entire thread. If I had invested the kinds of $$$ that many of you have, I would prefer to wrap the car around a telephone pole with a chance of escape than let it go to the crusher....

Best point in this entire thread. If I had invested the kinds of $$$ that many of you have, I would prefer to wrap the car around a telephone pole with a chance of escape than let it go to the crusher....

Yeah true that. I'm not trying to say street racing is okay, but we have all done it at some point in our life. That would be nice to have locations to race other than national trails, and places far outside the city like thorne mentioned.

Easiest thing for them to do is open race tracks for people more often and dragstrips and make it harder for people to get licenses. If someone gets a ticket for more than 85 they have to average a certain speed around a track then if they can there safe to drive on the road :)