Just a idea about racing.

thorne

i think i like the air strip idea......lets get the rich people on the site to pool money together and buy one of these places. The track gets a cut of the bet made :), you fuck it up you fix it on your dime. That should keep the shit heads crap mustangs from blowing oil all over the track when they take a dump. :)

someone findout how wide the taxiway is, maybe we would be able to race on it instead so we don't have the planes landing in oil problem, we would still have to clean it up obviously. but we don't need 100ft wide runway maybe the taxiway is wide enough.

http://img.airnav.com/ap/00671

i did my senior paper and my college paper on street racing and i looked into the airstrip thing. there are shit tons and most of the small ones don't even allow night landings so when it gets dark they are useless. lets stop being wastefull selfish americans and put this to good use.

ohio has 727 airports.

there is even one called j-em Farms 3 miles north of columbus

Privately owned

Owner: John E. Berend

Address: 12410 Taylor Road

Plain City, OH 43064

Phone number: 614-873-4508

3000 ft long

That would be good if it wasn't a grass stip. :(

You need to find an airport that doesn't have much traffic for this and is hard surfaced. There is no way an airport would be willing to close a runway for cars due to lost revenue. Another issue is if someone loses control and does damage to aircraft, taxiway lights, or runway equipment, who then is responsible? Airplanes range from $10,000 to millions of dollars, and if they get just a small dent in them, they are totaled.

Your best bet might be at Rickenbacker. They have a closed runway that is not used. It is the short one on the south side of the field. I doubt it is in good condition though.

http://img.airnav.com/ap/02603

Even if the Columbus Airport Authority were to say "yes" you would then have to get TSA approval since you are in a secured area. Do you guys really want to go through security every time you go drag racing?

I know there used to be a closed airport somewhere around Rickenbacker. I think it might be a housing development now. Can anyone confirm this?

What Columbus really needs is a raceway park. A place that has a drag strip, road course, and a big lot to do autocross. I know there was talk about it a year or so ago by a group of investors. Everyone wants it, but "not in my backyard" is the catch.

That would be good if it wasn't a grass stip. :(

damnit LOL

Do you guys really want to go through security every time you go drag racing?

it wouldn't be any different then tech inspection.

What Columbus really needs is a raceway park. A place that has a drag strip, road course, and a big lot to do autocross. I know there was talk about it a year or so ago by a group of investors. Everyone wants it, but "not in my backyard" is the catch.

agreed

Another idea would be to find an old industrial park somewhere. Might not take too much to clear some space and patch the asphalt. Noise wouldn't be an issue since it's around other factories. Get some of those orange water-filled barricades to line down the sides of the strip for safety.

Another idea would be to find an old industrial park somewhere. Might not take too much to clear some space and patch the asphalt. Noise wouldn't be an issue since it's around other factories. Get some of those orange water-filled barricades to line down the sides of the strip for safety.

Industrial ...... i remember those days :) lasted a long time but eventually they put in speed bumps. most of the cops didn't even care. they would pull back there to watch everyone scatter lol we hung out with them several times and just chatted with them.

Industrial ...... i remember those days :) lasted a long time but eventually they put in speed bumps. most of the cops didn't even care. they would pull back there to watch everyone scatter lol we hung out with them several times and just chatted with them.

so your friends with cops? so you told on everyone last year? you cop lover!!!

me, fowler, and some other guys from back home used to go up to an old airstrip this guy owned that wasnt in use anymore (except for his ultralite and stuff) he let us race there.

hell some people from CR even made it down for it before the guy saw it was getting popular and then actually made it into a paid event with a tree and everythign..

then thats when it got lame.

it was more fun when it was just alot of friends hangin out, droppin hands, and racing.

and i loved doing big burnouts there lol

That was a good time.