FS: 1996 Neon ACR Coupe - $1,000 / offers

31rx7

1996 Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe. This is my son's car. This car has about 172,000 miles on it. Recent valve job, brakes, exhaust manifold, all motor mounts front wheel bearings. Adjustable Koni Sport Struts (yellow). Clutch was replaced last year but there is oil leaking on to it from (I assume) the rear main seal, so it needs a new clutch and rear main seal. Car looks good. No body rust except where the paint has been chipped. Usual nicks and scractches. No significant dents or wrinkled sheet metal. Factory AM FM Cassette. Tires fair condition. Runs and drives good except for slipping clutch in 4th and 5th gear under heavy acceleration. Bud still drives it every day.

This would make a great platform for a HPDE / Track Day car, IT car, or rallycross machine.

$1,000 / offers. PM me or email my son at andrew dot grunenwald at gmail dot com.

EDIT: Also had timing belt and water pump when valve job was done.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/31rx7/1996%20Neon%20ACR%20Coupe/CIMG2320.jpg

Edited by 31rx7

I can't remember from my Neon day's which engine the ACR's have, so is it the DOHC or the SOHC?

DOHC 150hp/150tq, if I rememeber correctly. I'm not sure if they even offered the ACR with the SOHC. I also believe those adjustable Konis were factory installed on the ACR. There shouldn't be a stock radio, a/c, p/s, or sound deadening material in the ACR's. Though, I believe they could be installed if requested. There may've been a couple other things performance related that I can't remember. I actually had an ACR back in the day bought new. Suprisingly quick and fun especially for mid/late 90's.

DOHC 150hp/150tq, if I rememeber correctly. I'm not sure if they even offered the ACR with the SOHC. I also believe those adjustable Konis were factory installed on the ACR. There shouldn't be a stock radio, a/c, p/s, or sound deadening material in the ACR's. Though, I believe they could be installed if requested. There may've been a couple other things performance related that I can't remember. I actually had an ACR back in the day bought new. Suprisingly quick and fun especially for mid/late 90's.

From memory:

All ACR sedans were SOHC. All ACR Coupes were DOHC. There were Koni's on the 97-99 ACR's but they were not quite the same as the Koni Sports on this car - if memory serves me right they were not adjustable like the aftermarket Koni Sports on this car. The 1995 - 1996 ACR's had Arvin shocks / struts.

All ACR's had PS. To my knowledge, the only ACR's that did NOT have sound deadening were the 1995 sedans. There were two ACR packages in 1995 and 1996: the 23C package and 23D package. The 23C package was the true race version: no options available at all except for rear window defrost. The 23D package was the "popular equipment package" for the ACR and included AC, AM FM Cassette, and a few other things to make it more livable.

The http://www.neons.org site has all the info on these cars. These are really fun cars and cheap to build. Not the ultimate in technology but relatively fast, good handling, and cheap. I almost won the OVR Street Touring Championship in 2006 in one that I had a total of $2,800 into including the car, tires, and modifications. Unfortunately, the car was totaled before the end of the season.

Does it have working AC/heat?

damn, so much for a daily. Good luck selling what appears to be a very clean car.

Actually, if you are interested in a nice daily, check out the Geo Prizm also posted I am selling. I have been driving it daily while trying to sell it.