cubical life

SRTurbo04

I worked in cubicles last summer and felt like I was in Office Space every day of my life. I absolutely hated it and realized it is something I could never do. I would rather do back-breaking labor.

Fuck that. I'd much rather get paid to think and solve problems. :)

That being said, I work in a cubicle and have for the last 13+ years or so. From the Air Force to the present. I can sit there, do my work, listen to music, and not have to talk to anyone for most of the day. I actually enjoy my job... :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that. I'd much rather get paid to think and solve problems. :)

That being said, I work in a cubicle and have for the last 13+ years or so. From the Air Force to the present. I can sit there, do my work, listen to music, and not have to talk to anyone for most of the day. I actually enjoy my job... :D

i think i would enjoy working in a cube if i wasent on a dialer system an had to talk to dumb customers alllllllll day. ahh..

btw your cobras sexyy mmmm

I work in a cube as well like yours Paul where I can see my neighbors in my row and then stand to see the surrounding rows. I'm on the phone but it's relaxed here compaired to most call centers and I only take on average about 25 calls a day given I work the night shift and the banks close at 6. We are all on Sametime here, and I bet about a third of our calls are because of Lotus Notes. Everyone surfs the web or bring in their laptop to watch a movie to pass the time.

I work in a cube as well like yours Paul where I can see my neighbors in my row and then stand to see the surrounding rows. I'm on the phone but it's relaxed here compaired to most call centers and I only take on average about 25 calls a day given I work the night shift and the banks close at 6. We are all on Sametime here, and I bet about a third of our calls are because of Lotus Notes. Everyone surfs the web or bring in their laptop to watch a movie to pass the time.

yea we used to use lotus nots btu for some odd reason about a month ago we switched to microsoft office gayyyy. i take about 360 calls a day. i average 43 calls an hour. now i dont talk to every one on the phone btu still sucks ahhhhh

We were moved from our desks to cubes so we could cut our 15minute response times down to 5 minutes. (We are on location at the customer site, of which, we have have a contract for 2 hour response times, and they keep pushing for more and more from us).

Anyhow, we have two sets of cubes, each are designed for 3 people, but we hold 6 in each. When the fab is slow and we are all at the cubes, it sucks like hell.

yea we used to use lotus nots btu for some odd reason about a month ago we switched to microsoft office gayyyy. i take about 360 calls a day. i average 43 calls an hour. now i dont talk to every one on the phone btu still sucks ahhhhh

Yeah, I've been here going on 5 hours and have taken 14 calls :) given I did to call backs for an hour.

I share a giant double wide cube with 3 other interns. Two of them suck, one of them is cool. We waste a lot of time bouncing bouncy balls around or playing pranks on each other and other stupid shit. I'm usually pretty busy, but if I get bored I can go to the engine lab or vehicle dyno lab and shoot the shit with those guys.

This Thread brings back good memories.

I seem to recall someone else always bitching about their fucking cube life.

:(

KillJoy

stfu an take me off ignore women an lets go for a ride in some twistiesssss

where do you work?

IT support for Huntington Bank also known as the Huntington Response Center.

Ahh.. I do just about the same thing over at Chase. Retail IT support. I talk to the peeps in the branches when they call in tickets for their hosed PC's (and servers). I take prolly 15 calls a day too when I'm busy :).

Ahh.. I do just about the same thing over at Chase. Retail IT support. I talk to the peeps in the branches when they call in tickets for their hosed PC's (and servers). I take prolly 15 calls a day too when I'm busy :).

LUCKY BASTARD!!!

Yeah, that sounds like us. We are trying to become more of a help desk because we also reset password, lockouts and also remote to the bankers pc's to trouble shoot and if we can't fix the issue then we send a ticket out.

sorry pic is kinda Dark

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/StreetRacer434/desk.jpg

Ok this thread could quickly turn EPIC if some more people would post pics of this pic up on cr so we can see a cube inside a cube inside a cube.... etc.

***Ok maybe im a little too tipsy to be posting.:gtfo:

Ok this thread could quickly turn EPIC if some more people would post pics of this pic up on cr so we can see a cube inside a cube inside a cube.... etc.

haha my ass woudl get fired on the spot if i took a pic of my desk. due to having ssi num,bers acccount numbers all on my screen an on my papers on my desk at alll times eeek

here this is my home cubicle lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/StreetRacer434/9794847360_ORIG.jpg

im in a cube all day doing collections on written off accounts (7+ months past due)...about 20-21 calls/hr, but they let us have an ipod or something. no one in front of me, couple cool guys a few years older than me across the divider from me, ugly bitch behind me with a 3 year old that trys to flirt with me, and the few other people on my team im cool with are in the back of the group, so really not many people to talk to.

the ipod is nice though...actually helps me stay focused as opposed to getting into a bunch of off hand conversations. bout to start loading up movies to my ipod to kill time at work.

paul - i think we've got a few spots open in recovery over at ADS if you're interested. 90% manual calling, might be on the dialer 2x/wk for 2 hours...if you're smart, schedule your hours to avoid it. plus, you can make your own schedule aside from some minor requirements (one night til 8 and one til 10, 12hrs weekend time), and if you hit goal, youre not even held to those...