Hey fellas...

Overclocker

Please tell me you are not the jackass in the black GLH-T that swerves in and out of traffic, cutting people off, and causing near accidents...

Not me. I grew out of that about 20 years ago...

Awesome vehicles. I'm pretty sure I saw your Ram at a car show last Sunday, if it wasn't yours it was one that looked identical!

Welcome :cool:

Thanks, man.

The show in Dublin? It was likely me. The only other -10 that I know of in the area is a black one that lives in New Albany.That was a nice show. I was the guy dropping the purple fliers for an American Cancer Society cruise-in. (I don't intend on winning anything, but if I'm going to hand out fliers, I feel like I need to contribute to the cause of the hosts.)

http://faculty.otterbein.edu/tpindell/omni/omni1_small.jpg

More info about the Omni?

It's a standard non-intercooled Garrett-turbocharged 2.2 with the A-525 5-speed transaxle. Typical OHC 8V aluminum head, iron block, cast crank. Very primitive compared to what's available now. I haven't done much to it, really. Mopar Performance ECU, G-valve, 2.5" JRB exhaust, KYBs, the usual guages. It needed some minor cosmetic repairs and a paint job when I got it. (Rust free! In Ohio!) It's actually very very very dark red with the finest (smallest) metallic flake I could get. It might only have 165-170 hp, but it's got maybe 180-190 lb/ft of torque, so it's still fun and easy to drive as long as you enjoy massive doses of torque-steer from a suspension that was never designed to handle much more than 90 hp. I hesitate to do too much since the factory gearbox is made of cheese. When the trans blows chunks (and it will) I have a lightly beefed later model unit in the garage ready to go, along with pratically enough spares to build another Omni. Sorry to ramble, but I love this little POS. :D

Edited by Overclocker
fat finger typos

Thanks, man.

The show in Dublin? It was likely me. The only other -10 that I know of in the area is a black one that lives in New Albany.That was a nice show. I was the guy dropping the purple fliers for an American Cancer Society cruise-in. (I don't intend on winning anything, but if I'm going to hand out fliers, I feel like I need to contribute to the cause of the hosts.)

Yep thats the one! I even posted a pic of your truck lol

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67154

It's a standard non-intercooled Garrett-turbocharged 2.2 with the A-525 5-speed transaxle. Typical OHC 8V aluminum head, iron block, cast crank. Very primitive compared to what's available now. I haven't done much to it, really. Mopar Performance ECU, G-valve, 2.5" JRB exhaust, KYBs, the usual guages. It needed some minor cosmetic repairs and a paint job when I got it. (Rust free! In Ohio!) It's actually very very very dark red with the finest (smallest) metallic flake I could get. It might only have 165-170 hp, but it's got maybe 180-190 lb/ft of torque, so it's still fun and easy to drive as long as you enjoy massive doses of torque-steer from a suspension that was never designed to handle much more than 90 hp. I hesitate to do too much since the factory gearbox is made of cheese. When the trans blows chunks (and it will) I have a lightly beefed later model unit in the garage ready to go, along with pratically enough spares to build another Omni. Sorry to ramble, but I love this little POS. :D

I enjoyed that. :cool:

Nice Ram :thumbup:

Thanks. I've always enjoyed those 87-92 Rams, too. That classic, big chrome grille means business. That's a fine example you've got there. It's difficult to find one of that generation in such good shape.

Mine is a lucky find, garaged its entire life and still below 90,000 miles. The bed is starting to get a little bit of rust inside, and outside at the wheel wells. Whenever I get around to it I'm hoping to do a light restoration so that it won't rust any more, plus if I can figure out the electronics, I'd like to yank that sad, oil leaking 318 and drop in a new Hemi.

Please tell me you are not the jackass in the black GLH-T that swerves in and out of traffic, cutting people off, and causing near accidents...

LMAO i was thinking the same thing!

To the new guy, welcome! And a long story shirt there is an older gentleman that FLIES up and down indianola with a black glh-t Omni which is why the question was asked.

Awesome cars, but I'll be the one that wants to know more about your private pilot credentials. I moved back to C'Bus after living in Naples, FL (2005-2008) and was working on mine...even got a CFI endorsement to take the written exam but I believe I let it lapse.

Welcome to CR! The -10 is cool, but IMO the Omni is cooooler. :)

thats an awesome little car. how many miles are on it?...looks like not many

Thanks! A few over 90,000 miles on it at the moment. I bought it with 86,000. I really should drive it more. It appears that it's never been apart for a clutch or head gasket either, so I'm fairly confident it's not had the odo flipped. The turbo has started to smoke a bit on warm start-up, but that's about right for a 23 year-old turbo with that indicated mileage. If we wind up having the picnic at Sharon Woods, I'll bring it to add (a little) old school boost to the occasion. :D

Awesome cars, but I'll be the one that wants to know more about your private pilot credentials. I moved back to C'Bus after living in Naples, FL (2005-2008) and was working on mine...even got a CFI endorsement to take the written exam but I believe I let it lapse.

Welcome to CR! The -10 is cool, but IMO the Omni is cooooler. :)

I'm a low-timer. I got my Private Pilot at THE Ohio State University under their part 141 flight school at Don Scott Field. I did instrument ground school after my check ride, but that's as far as I went. Learning to fly ain't cheap even in a little bug-smasher Cessna 172!

I'm a low-timer. I got my Private Pilot at THE Ohio State University under their part 141 flight school at Don Scott Field. I did instrument ground school after my check ride, but that's as far as I went. Learning to fly ain't cheap even in a little bug-smasher Cessna 172!

Cool, thanks! I hear you on the expenses associated with learning to fly. Hoping to get back into it in the next couple of years...