Nerdgasm

Science Abuse

With robotic walkers like Asimo and more curren variants, the prospect of a real Mech isn't terribly far fetched. Realistically, the last major hurdles are power supply and pilot interface.

-Power supply need to be safe, portable, and last longer than it takes to charge

-Interface needs to either run static models to make generalized movement, or iterface with the pilot in such a way that he can conrtol everything, just as he controls himself.

This is an example of the hurdle:

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/03/walking-robot.jpg

No running, no stairs, just "mosey". if you can capitalize on the pilots own sense of balance and he exsisting reflex control, you can have a much more agile and versitile device.

And Beam Cannons.... Mostly Beam cannons.

Yes and lots of military bases destroyed from orbit. Gundam is still better then Robotech but I happen to have both on DVD Box sets because I rule.

With robotic walkers like Asimo and more curren variants, the prospect of a real Mech isn't terribly far fetched.

I was watching something on discovery and they had an exoskeleton type of system that increased your power something like 5 fold and was very movable.

Wrap it in sound deadening material, and viola. Not sure if you watched the whole thing, but if you did, then you notcied that when it was wired up, it was silent. Must have been the generator making the noise. If you look up some of the other stuff that those guys have done, I promise you'll be impressed.

• 4 weeks later...