Cheap vets?

Danielle

Does anyone know any vets that would treat my brothers dog for parvo at a decent price? My brother is at a vets office right now and they want to charge him $500 to $700 to save his dog... and his girlfriend is pregnant, he really cannot afford that at all... just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or places I could try for him...

Thanks...

Like I said Dani, try Ripleys and see what they say. We've taken most of my dogs there for bigger things that needed done and it was the cheapest I could find.

Ripleys Animal Clinic

1300 Edgehill Rd

Columbus, OH 43212

(614) 294-3249‎

They got him hydrated, and a ton of antibiotics... and we weren't just trying to go cheap on him because he's a dog.. This was really hard on all of us and still is, knowing that he could not get better... But, like I said, my brothers girlfriend is pregnant... the baby is number one priority right now... The dog seems to be doing better already though, hopefully he continues to improve.

Thanks for the help everyone. Ill keep these vets in mind if anything else would happen.

honestly about what your gonna pay my brothers dog cost over 1500 when the dog got parvo. some places will finance or put you on payment plans just a thought

We couldnt find anyone that would do a payment plan... Did your brothers dog turn out okay?

dude, seriously best place HANDS DOWN... and best price... in Mt Gilead there are 2 places... Village Vet Clinic 419-946-5136 (it's only 30 min's from Polaris) or Sandy Carpenter.... I can't remember her name. they are both AWESOME! and prices are litterally 1/8 of columbus prices.

Don't cheap out on a family member's life. Get pet insurance; well worth it.

x2 VPI here for the new pup and for $40mo it covers just about everything including yearly shots. Just got back $260 towards shots, spaying and micro chipping her.

Buddy passed away at home around 9:30 this morning... Again, thanks for the help guys... And if they decide in the future to get a new dog, we will get pet insurance.

I'm sorry to hear that. "Cheap" and "parvo treatment" do not go together. Depending on the strain of parvo, it can be a death sentence as it was in this case. Be sure to bleach EVERYTHING the dog could've possibly come into contact with and don't let any other animals around for awhile. It is highly contagious. You could even carry it to a friend's house though it's mostly contamination through fluids that transmits it. (I've worked with animals/canines professionally/recreationally most of my life.)

I'm sorry to hear that. "Cheap" and "parvo treatment" do not go together. Depending on the strain of parvo, it can be a death sentence as it was in this case. Be sure to bleach EVERYTHING the dog could've possibly come into contact with and don't let any other animals around for awhile. It is highly contagious. You could even carry it to a friend's house though it's mostly contamination through fluids that transmits it. (I've worked with animals/canines professionally/recreationally most of my life.)

I realized that parvo isnt cheap.. I just never had to deal with it before yesterday... And it was quick. Im happy he wasn't in a lot of pain, and we didn't have to put him down ourselves.. It was just his time to go. But, we are bleaching everything... I dont wanna bring it back to my puppy so everything is getting cleaned very well. Thanks for the help