Where to get rearend narrowed?

94TanRanger

As the title states..... I need the rearend in my truck narrowed to fit some wider wheels under it.

i was told to take it to babbit bearing. They quoted me $400 to do and thats taking it to them empty and it getting narrowed, new mosser axles, and it would take a week to do. Has anyone used them before or know of anywhere else?

thanks

Guest Removed

babbit bearing FTW. cutting it down, and getting you new axles? hell the axles alone cost close to $280?

i hope your not complaining of the price? cause they are one of the few places in town that have the proper jig to do this job.

I hadBabbit Bearing shorten an Axle for me too.

They cut the housing and rewelded it. and cut the 31 spline strange axles to fit the housing. this was on a drag car I had. It was a 9" rearend.

I have sent a lot of people to him to get their 8.8 redone. no problems.

Gary Horne (owner) is a super nice guy!

babbit bearing FTW. cutting it down, and getting you new axles? hell the axles alone cost close to $280?

i hope your not complaining of the price? cause they are one of the few places in town that have the proper jig to do this job.

NO. not complaining on the price, thought I would just throw it out there to see if that sounded right. I was told that was a really good price.

so i take it that Babbit would be the best place to take it then