Wanted: A dog

V8 Beast

I have trained 5 dogs from the pound and given them to good homes for free over the last 3 years. In the process I have found that I really do not want a pound puppy for a family dog. Not knowing the original owner and seeing random behaviors isnt something I want as more than a foster situation. I tried to get my last two permanent family dogs from the pound and they were huge fail parties. If I do any work with them again it will only be on a temporary basis.

So, with that being said my family and I are looking for a dog. The younger the better. Something that is good with kids and will be over 75 pounds. Minimal drooling is all the wife requires... (shut up Hal lol). If you know of any good breeders or somone that has to part with theirs let me know. I'm looking online and havnt seen any so far...

TIA

My brother's roomate might be having a doberman/rottweiler mix. Not sure if it will get much over 75, but should be close. His doberman (the dad) is 85lbs and is a red doberman, and the rottweiler (mother) is a bit over 85 and traditional black/tan.

I can let you know if they are going to give them away. Probably won't be born for a few weeks, and then the waiting period for them to grow up a bit.

My brother's roomate might be having a doberman/rottweiler mix. Not sure if it will get much over 75, but should be close. His doberman (the dad) is 85lbs and is a red doberman, and the rottweiler (mother) is a bit over 85 and traditional black/tan.

I can let you know if they are going to give them away. Probably won't be born for a few weeks, and then the waiting period for them to grow up a bit.

very good mix for family dogs. Grew up with 2 doberman/rottweiler mixes.

Lett me know. Do you know anything about the temperment of the parents?

Shalane doesn't deal with chocolates, she doesn't like their temperaments or some shit. I have heard that chocolate labs can be a little bit squirrely. She deals with yellow and black labs. We have two black labs and one yellow lab, and that woman can breed labs.

I have pics of our dogs if you want to see what they look like, and you're welcome to come over and see the dogs sometime if you want to see and meet them firsthand.

Shalane doesn't deal with chocolates, she doesn't like their temperaments or some shit. I have heard that chocolate labs can be a little bit squirrely. She deals with yellow and black labs. We have two black labs and one yellow lab, and that woman can breed labs.

I have pics of our dogs if you want to see what they look like, and you're welcome to come over and see the dogs sometime if you want to see and meet them firsthand.

What do you mean by squirrely? My wife loves chocolate, but I'm cool with black. I'm more worried about how it will act over the way it looks (minus the fact that the dog needs to be big enough to wrestle with lol)

I THINK that they're supposed to be a little bit more energetic and high-strung than the other colored ones, but I have never had a chocolate, so I am not 100% sure. After having had Dave (105lb black male), I couldn't be happier with the temperament of black labs. He's a gentle giant that.

The yellow 70lb female (Hayley) is good for wrestling, and the new puppy (Marnie) will be the best wrestler out of the bunch. She's tiny and thinks she can take me and the other dogs already. :lol:

If I had the choice, it would go black > yellow > chocolate (only because I haven't had the chance to see how they really are)

I've got a black lab that needs more attention than I have time to give him. Yours if you want it.

I got him from my step-brother, who had come to realize that owning a dog in NYC is fucking stupid. My older dog doesn't like playing with him, my roommate doesn't like to help out with the dogs at all, and me being gone for 14 hours for work is too much for him. He's high energy, very loving. Only drools for a few minutes after gulping down water lol. He's somewhere around 70 - 80 pounds.

Lett me know. Do you know anything about the temperment of the parents?

The mother (Rot) is a sweetheart. She loves attention and will kill you with kindness. If other dogs are getting a bit out of hand at the dog park with my brothers doberman or her brother (4 month old french mastif) she will go in and protect the other two. However she won't be super mean, just lay the smack down to help out a bit. She listens very well and is very sweet. She loves playing fetch.

The father (doberman) is also a sweety. He is all muscle, very athletic, very fast. He is a ball of energy; he can run at the dog park for 2 hours, take a 30 minute nap and be ready to go again. He is super loyal to my brother (owner). When he leaves him outside to play, the doberman cries for my brother. He always wants to be around him and loves him very much.

Both are great dogs, I can let you know when they are born if you are still looking for a pup. Look up rottermans online to see if you like them. The rot is black/tan and the doberman is red (brown and tan).