house window...repair?

evan9381

pretty much every window in my house (7 or 8) have condensation inside of them. the home inspector before i bought the house said (IIRC) something about the seal being broken, but i should be able to get the insides cleared/cleaned out, and resealed. anyone know someone who does this, or what kind of company can do this?

TIA

Look between the two panes of glass and you will see holes in the extruded aluminum housing. Those holes allow the desiccant contained in the frame to dry the air between the panes. Once the seal breaks, the desiccant no longer works and the window needs replaced.

pretty much every window in my house (7 or 8) have condensation inside of them. the home inspector before i bought the house said (IIRC) something about the seal being broken, but i should be able to get the insides cleared/cleaned out, and resealed. anyone know someone who does this, or what kind of company can do this?

TIA

You need new glass. How old is your house? Some window manufactures will warranty that.

house was built in 1985, so its the same age as me. the windows are probably the originals. if its something i have to replace all windows, im going to wait. if it was something not majorly expensive, i wanted to get it fixed so i dont see fog on the windows all the time. ugh.